Chapter 9: Pack Night..Fun Night?

I wake up and it's dark outside. I glance at the clock and see it says 5:30pm. I sit up and stretch. I feel something move next to me in bed. Looking to my left, I see Tate sleeping next to me. He looks so cute. 

Then I remember what happened before I fell asleep.

I swing my legs around and get out of bed. I walk over the door, and go through it. But before I do, I turn around and glance at Tate; sleeping so soundly. He is beautiful.

I walk down stairs and see there is people in my living room. Hayden is there with his parents, my parents and family is there, and also is Margaret with a man.

"I must be dreaming!" I say and start to turn around and run back up stairs.

They start laughing. "JJ, you didn't tell me that you had a house!" Nathan says.

"Oh, I guess it slipped my mind!" While I was threatening your step-son.

"It's beautiful," His wife says. I have to take a double take. Why is she here?

I shake it off, and focus on Derek. His eyes meet mine. He nods his head; knowing what I am thinking.

I feel all of the air leave my lungs. My knees want to give out. My dad was coming to my pack.

I put my hands up to my mouth and try to keep back the sob.

"JJ, what's wrong?" my mom asks; clearly not knowing about my dad.

"Um, I think I am going to take JJ, to get something to eat." Derek says, running to me. He wraps an arm around me for support which earns a growl from Hayden.

We walk into the kitchen and he sets me by a chair. He sits next to me.

"When?" I ask, after waiting a minute or two.

"Um, not sure. I just heard from dad that he called and said that he would be stopping my with in the next few weeks."

"WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WAKE ME?" I yell, a little to loud.

"Because we knew that you were safe, and it not a attack or anything. Besides you need your rest."

"Derek! I am the future Alpha of this pack. If there is something going on with this pack, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT!" I yell.

He looks like he is going to talk again, but my dad stops him.

"That's enough you two!" my dad says, coming into the kitchen.

We both wipe our heads to his direction.

"I've got this dad," Derek says.

"Based on the yelling, you don't!"

"Quit acting like I'm a little kid who can't take care of herself!" I snap at both of them. This time it is mom that cuts us off.

"What is going on in here?" she asks.

"Nothing!" we all say at the same time.

"Listen right now! I am the mom, I am the caretaker, I get to know these things."

"You don't need to know this!" Derek says.

"It's about my dad." I say quietly; looking down at my hands.

"Your dad?" she asks, looking at my adopted dad, her husband.

"No, not him. I mean my dad." I say and she seems to get it.