He's a Keeper | Jinguji Ren

published: 18 june 2017

Hey guys, haven't updated in a while.
I decided to write something just because. I don't think I wrote many Ren one shots so here it is.
----------------------
"Mom, Dad." You call them out suddenly while they were in the kitchen preparing a feast. Today was your graduation day, and your parents couldn't be any happier than you.

"No not yet [First Name]-chan! You cannot take a peek. I repeat-"

You cut off your mom, "no, no that's not it!" Despite knowing how rude you were acting, you wanted to tell your parents something important. Something you never told them before and ...they weren't even trying to listen. You sigh and walk towards the living room to sulk.

You grumbled to yourself and smashed your face into one of the pillows. The door bell rang. Three times in a row.

"Coming!" You try to shout, but the sound of the kitchen clearly blocked your voice. You knew who was coming, a smile quickly appeared on your face. You swung the door open and opened your arms widely, "Ren!"

Face smashed in his chest as if he was pillow, you felt his arms wrap around your body.

"Did you miss me [First Name]?" He asked in a teasing voice. You love everything about him.

Without even thinking about your answer, you blurted "Of course!"

He took your hands in his and you lead him into the living room. "Take a seat, mom and dad are still making their feast." You cracked a smile as Ren casually laid on your couch. You take a seat at the end of the couch and he readjusted his position so his head laid on your lap. His fingers intertwined with yours. The ring on his finger sparkles under the light. You gripped his hand and brought it up to your cheek lovingly.

"You're wearing it." He stated, his eyes glimmering with happiness.

Two pairs of matching silver bands wrapped themselves on your's and Ren's chosen finger. Promise rings. A special accessory shared by two lovers. You remembered how it was impossible to wear it on your finger in public. No one can find out that Ren, an idol, is dating.

"I remember when you gave them to me..." you smile down to him as he simply smirked.

"So do I."

It was a few months after you started dating Jinguji Ren. Anyone would be surprised that you would be dating a known playboy. Your friends tried to inform you about all the gossips surrounding your boyfriend. Worried about your well being, they tried to make sure you didn't make the wrong choice. Sadly to say, because of all the rumors, you became really nervous in Ren's presence.

It was already bad to date him. Idols couldn't date. It was an absolute rule. Yet, adding on to that was all your internal drama trying to tear you apart.

"I mean come on, just dump him already." Your friend exasperated.

"I know, I know." You were getting tired of being secretly jealous about other girls. The feelings of insecurity rising at high levels added to your stress. "But I can't." You finally stated, "I really do like him."

Your friend just flung her arms in the air, and with a sigh she shook her head. "Alright, if that's what you want. But I'll support you." She smiled at you, "let's grab something to eat."

Her words lifted your spirit and touched your heart. The first person you told about your relationship. That already shows how much trust you placed in your relationship.

Unfortunately ,she wasn't enough support.

You had your first argument with Ren, and you knew it was your entire fault. Your raw jealousy became raw anger. With no way to express your feelings, you took it out on him.