Shining Star | Kotobuki Reiji

published: 14 oct 2016

Shining Star
Reader x Reiji
This is a request from , hope you like it.
The plot was hard to come up with; I have a really bad writer's block currently. Because of school; my brain is not functioning well with as much cheesy creativity as before.
Thank you for waiting so patiently.
___________

Reiji was always so happy. He was easily surrounded by people, and was one of the most talkative person you know. It was always a challenge to enter that circle of people when yourself was so timid in comparison.

Back then, in the old days, you would always stand afar and watch him talking with others. It was a dream to think he would notice you.

However that shouldn't be much of a problem now that you were his girlfriend.

"[First Name]!"

He instantly noticed you out of all the staff members in the studio. He ran up to you with a bright smile, "you're here!"

He ruffled your hair, messing up your neat bun.

"Of course I'll be here." You said with a small huff, "we're going to be co-stars on this commercial you know?"

"I know, I know!" Reiji said excitedly, "we rarely get any jobs together. Anyway, I can't wait to see what the plot is going to be about."

Your hands gently press against one another; he took a firm grip of your hand and your fingers intertwined. What a sweet thing to do. It hasn't even been a year since the two of you started dating, and already you were feeling his unconditional love for you. He was always so romantic in his own way.

In public eyes, Reiji always looked so happy and random. However he was also serious, and when he was you couldn't help, but think how cool he was.

"Come on," you say, gently pulling Reiji towards your direction, "let's meet up with the director. We can't keep all the staff waiting. There might be other co-stars too."

Sometimes, you liked to submerge yourself in your own thoughts. The room has to be quiet enough that you could think clearly. Just like now, the makeup artist was tying up your hair into intricate braids, yet you weren't paying attention to any of that.  You close your eyes; the image of Reiji's smile showed up almost instantly.

Relationships are never stable, at least in your own experience.

They are always so hard to continue with. There's always so many hardships in a relationship. Sometimes people can drift apart and even fall out of love if that was possible. That's why you say to yourself, "if you  like someone else besides him that just means you don't love him enough."

You wished upon the starry night sky that you would one day find your true love.

And then there he was.

Maybe it was only possible because you were also somewhat of an idol. If you were just a normal girl, there was little chance of ever even meeting him. When you think about how you met and everything; you thank your lucky stars. They must have watched you all this time.

You walked out of the dressing room, your head feeling somewhat heavier than usual.

"Watch your steps." One of the staffs said.

"Thank you." You say, "but I got it." You placed a hand on your hair. It was pulled all the way up in a large messy bun and they decorated it with flowers and a royal purple ribbon. However you still had to go get the dress you needed to wear. With a sigh, you increased your pace.

"Reiji!"

"[First Name]. You look beautiful."

You blushed, "hehe thank you. You look really cool too."

"Reiji! [First Name]! Let's go over the dialogues right now. Then we'll move on to the different scenes." The director said, urging the two of you to come. You could see others dressed up as well, they must be working on the commercial too.

"I'll show you just how cool I am." Reiji said with a wink.

You giggled; "this is no time to be flirting."

Just as the two of you started to walk away, you spoke loud enough only for Reiji's ears to hear. "I love you."

"I love you...too."

You looked up to see his blushing face. How cute!

__________________

I hope this one shot was worth the wait!
I feel like my writing style has changed completely since it's not that lengthy anymore but I do hope it still has the same fluffy feeling to it.

Thank you so much again for reading! <3