Part VII: Surrender

“You really mean that?” I asked in disbelief. Did I hear right? 

“Yes,” he replied.

I wrapped my arms around him, and held him close. “I feel the same way.” 

He grinned, and kissed me. His hands started to roam around my back, and all the while I groped his chest. A soothing heat rushed through my body, while my mind and heart raced. Whatever he was doing to me was inexplicably sublime. 

It wasn’t long before we were both completely undressed. For a short moment we gazed at the contours and lines of our bare bodies, and my breath was taken away as my eyes glossed over his muscular arms and chest. He looked as if he were carved from stone -- he was perfect. 

I wrapped my arms around him and so did he to me, and at a patient pace he caressed my neck with his lips and glided his hands over the skin of my back. His touch shook me to my core, and made me realize how much I had really wanted this. 

“I haven’t done this in a while,” he whispered against my ear while holding me in the cage of his arms. 

“I don’t care about that,” I replied. I leaned up and kissed him. Taking his hand in mines, we walked to the bed. 

Having him so near with the weight of his body over mines felt right -- I wouldn’t trade this moment for anything else. Slowly and ever so delicately, he stroked and lightly pecked the recesses of my body as if he were more concerned about pleasing me than himself. My hands found their way to his slick, dark hair and ran through it. 

Then, he clasped my hand tightly in his and intently gazed into my eyes as if seeking permission. I responded by pulling his body closer to mines and kissing him with all my might. 

Nothing was forced or rushed: he was tender and overly considerate. There was a profound correlation between us as if we were two halves of the same pair, and it dawned on me that this was meant to be. All the experiences of our lives led to our paths crossing each other in some strange twist of fate. And though I didn’t know what the future held for us, I knew with certainty that there was no going back. 

*** 

Something was softly touching my cheek, and when I opened my eyes I found David hovering over me. “Morning,” he murmured before kissing me. 

He looked achingly attractive with his disarrayed hair as strands got loose and fell down his face. “Good morning,” I answered with a grin. I reached my hand up to his disheveled hair and finger-combed back. “How long have you been watching me?” 

“Only a few minutes. You smile when you sleep,” he said with wonder in his eyes. 

Oh, I could think of a perfectly good reason for that, I thought with a smug grin. As the early morning sun started to brighten the room, I could better distinguish his numerous tattoos. He had more plastered on his chest, and all of them were symbols that were new to me. The one on his left foreman seemed to match the same marking that was on his ring. 

Once more my curiosity got the best of me. “David, what does that on your ring mean?” I asked as I took hold of his hand and examined the image of what looked like a compass with a G in the middle. 

He snickered and took in an audible breath. “I thought everyone knew what that stood for.” He paused, and I shrugged my shoulders in response. “This is a Freemason ring,” he continued. “It’s the Square and Compasses which is their symbol, and the G stands for God.” 

“You’re telling me that you’re a Freemason?” I asked with a how-can-that-be-possible look. 

He smiled widely and got red in the face. “Yeah.”