Faith and Anguish

At first, Faith couldn't understand what was going on around her. One minute, shes pulled from her link in a painful, black haze. The next, shes being quarantined against her will in the science center of Hell's Gate while her mother and Jake were sent to Selfridge with a squadron of guards 'escorting' them. But now, oh.....hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

The emotions stirring with the confines of the station were enough to set even the most of tranquil on edge. The aura of aggression crushed down on the blind girl like a tightening straight jacket. She was a tigress trapped in the corner, one wrong move and she would strike.

But the negative environment was not merely subjugated from outward. Within herself, Faith felt betrayal as the main storm that was bubbling in her core. It didnt take a genius to figure out there was more going on in the Humans Hell than anyone, not even her own mother, cared to tell her. Needless to say, Faith Augustine was absolutely livid.

Norm and Max, who had been thrown in the room with her as well, kept on a futile attempt to tell the young Avatar driver to calm down. Promising her that everything was going to be fine, that she had nothing to worry about. But with each comfort they continued to ensure, the more furious she got.

"I don't have to have sight to see that you're both lying through your teeth!" She venomously seethed, threatening to rip the upholstery on the arms of the chair she was sitting on. "Now, I have just as much right as any other recruit in this station to know what the hell is going on!"

The two skittish looking scientists shared an uncertain glance to one another, wondering if they should go behind Grace's back. But, in their eyes, her daughter was just as terrifying to go against. And with the 16 year olds glaring mocha hues that somehow always manage to make their way right into your own windows to the soul, the two of them cracked.

"Okay," Norm broke, leaning over the desk before him with his clamming palms. "The main reason for human cultivation on Pandora was for an element unique from any of that on earth."

Faith was pleased to finally be present with some sort of explanation. Her spine still remained erect, away from the useless padding on her chair as her mind reattained a sense full standpoint over her fury. She had nodded with acknowledgement to Norms meaning. "Unobtainium." She supplied, knowing fully well of the elements importance and worth to the high end community on her home planet. In their defense, she thought, earth doesn't have a metal that's magnetic force can literally lift mountains.

Norm nodded in return, though Faith only had to take in the silence of the action to know his response. "The excavating and harvesting this element from Pandora was a simple task. Or, at least it was, until the big man in charge found an immense pocket of the stuff." There was no way Faith could skip over how Norm's tone went unbelievably sullen. "And you'll never guess where it is."

It only took a moment- no -perhaps not even that long. "It cant-." Faith breathed. Her eyes gone wide, cheeks paling and her chest beginning to palpitate erratically.

"Yeah, Hometree. Its why the Na'vi/human development team was created." Norm didnt have to say anymore. The rest, for Faith, was obvious.

"This was all a set up for the Tribes." She concluded, her voice instantly producing the words her mind formed. "A way to get their trust for our own benefit. But....SelfRidge must know that the Omaticaya will never leave their ancestral home."

".....Exactly."

Faith's heart nearly stopped. She could feel the holdings she had to reality at this moment begin to collapse around her. They were going to do it. There was no matter in arguing moral rules. This was human nature. What we want, we got and be damned anyone who got in the way.