The Na'vi Faith

The gang were making there way into the Link Bay where they would connect themselves to their personal Avatar. Jake and Faith using there constructive teamwork to get down the crowded ways. Grace walking close to her daughter to make sure she, and her visual escort, a clear passage through. Norm and Max talking non-stop of the sciences of Pandora's bio-environmental state.

The night before, Faith had convinced Max to bring up all the files on Na'vi language, actions, traditions, etc. When he asked for a reason, she explained how much more she wanted to learn in addition to what she was already grown and exposed to. Of course Max had to provide Faith with a set of ear buds and turn the device to a setting that would to be able to read off what it contained. She eventually passed out after a few hours of learning.

Entering the main Bay, Grace moved forward to stride along side Norm. "How much link time have you logged?" She asked seemingly already in an irritated mood. "About....520 hours." Norm stated nerviously. Grace seemed to be taken back at the amount. "Thats good." She praised trying to hold back her amazment.

In a room seen though a glass window just above the stations of the link bays, were the three avatars laid on gurneys with hospital gowns, made for their
size, covering them. The room was completely white with suited and masked Doctors organizing the necessities.

A medic came over and offered her arm to Faith to move her one link bay over while Grace worked with Jake. She reluctantly let go of Jake's chair and followed her new escort cautiously. "How much have you logged?" Grace repeated with a twinge of distaste towards Jake.

Jake rolled over to the edge of the bay and pressed his finger in, what can be described as, green gel-like playdoh that acted as the mattress in the link bay. "Zip," His finger sunk all the way down to his knuckles. "But I read a manual." Grace instantly stopped her procedure and looked back down at the paraplegic. "Please tell me you're joking." He ignored her and laughed at the spongy material. "This is so cool."

"How about you, Hun?" Grace called over to her daughter who was waiting patiently until the medic was done to direct her into the bay. Faith lifted her face to her Mother's voice and focused on the source. "Any linking hours?"

Faith frown in belief her answer would upset her mother. "Sorry, Mom, but they practically shipped me out the moment I agreed to come out. I didn't get any hours." Grace sighed heavily. Not with anger, it was disappointment yet not towards her daughter. Any practice linking hours would have helped either of the two disabled in their procedure of connecting with their Avatar but Grace would just have to hope everything would work out well.

"Alright! Lets go!" Norm exclaimed with pure excitement as he fit himself into the link bay. Jake positioned himself to the side of the bay and hurled himself up to sit on the side. He took a second catch his breath then moved to pull his lifeless legs into the bay with him.

Grace shifted over to aide him but he forced her with a snap of his voice. "Dont! I got this." Grace rose her hands in surrender and returned to the board that controlled the bay as Jake swung his lower limbs in the bay. As she was finishing the last steps, Grace couldnt believe she was letting two disabled people into her program. Plus the fact that one of them was her daughter. Her own flesh and blood. It made her nerves shiver with the unknown of what would happen.

"So you just figured you'd come out here, to the most hostile environment known to man, with no training of any kind, and see how it went?" With each pause she pushed on how stupid the idea was. At least she knew Faith had grown up with the ways of the Na'vi, but this marine was just a shot out of the dark.

"What was going through your head?" Jake looked back at her a defiant look. "Maybe I was sick of Doctors telling what I couldn't do." He shot. Grace didn't have a reply for his brave comeback.