Believing in your Faith

Faith spent everyday with her Ikran after the bond. She named him Azazel, later she discovering his twisted playful behavior on solid ground. He would constantly bug Faith as she designed her own riding equipment for him and even steal pieces. Leaving her then to question what had happened to it for minutes on end. She often questioned how he could do such a thing with his affliction.  Though, once, she found her mentor aiding her clever Ikran. After such, Azazel has made his infamous mark on creating playful mayhem with his rider.

The colors and materials for her saddle, Faith planned, was meant to be as appealing and only as necessary as possible. Purple and light yellow to match Azazel's leathery skin and no loose cloth or strings that could scare the poor Ikran mid flight.

At hometree, Azazel refused to sleep up in the branches as the other Ikrans did. But when he was in the air, Faith had to admit it was the most pushing job she had even done. It was the lesson with the Ikran, bonded with his or her rider, to learn to hunt for themselves and the clan. This was a struggle for them both.

Faith knew through their connection that it wasn't just her, but her Ikran's own self consciousness about his disability that made it hard for them to work as one. Without sight, he couldn't fly and without flight, was he even an Ikran?

Many in the Clan laughed at her. 'A demon Dreamwalker with a useless Ikran' they called her. These insults were made by many of the kids that had not recieved their test yet, let alone their own Ikran. Those that had, seemed to stay away from the conflict as a way to keep to their Na'vi side, not wanting to be teased for aiding the Dreamwalker.

It made Faith's blood boil. Yet no matter how much anger surged in her, she showed no sign of it. However, in addition to that, some didn't just laugh but some got physical and pushed her around, leaving more than just the bruises she got from training.

When Rennet found out, not even Eywa could protect those who teased her. Yusna laughed from above along with her 'big sister' (the name she had called Faith now) when, even from up in the higher branches, they could hear Rennet yelling the top of her lungs. Telling the bullies how ashamed they should feel and that if they were going to treat a future member of the clan like this, that Eywa would curse them with never bonding with an Ikran of their own.

Jake and Grace sympathized with Faith though neither could do anything about it as they themselves were not full members of the clan either. So when Rennet went off on the others, Grace didn't know how to show as much gratitude as she felt. Jake tried to get Neytiri to help, asking her to talk with the kids, but the princess didn't know what she could do. Until the ceremony of the Omaticaya, Faith was still technically considered an outsider and being as young as she was, she would have to deal with the immaturity of those around her.

And when Drewan found out, it surprised Faith. He never left her side. Of course he was a little mad when he discovered he was the last one to find out, but he was also proud of her. To hold restraint as much as she did and not complain like many others would have.

He went on every ride she did, Ikran or Hybrid (on his own Ikran and Direhorse.) And accompanied her from the moment she woke up to the moment she fell asleep. Even took the precaution of taking the hammock next to her every night. Faith first thought it was too much, but couldn't deny liking Drewan being so close and protective of her.

But after a month, Azazel and Faith shoved their words back in their mouths by becoming one of the most badass hunter pairs out there. With Faith's descriptive images of the scene around them, Azazel grew to trust her. Together, they learned to fly as one.