Chapter 2: The Old Man

Začať od začiatku

Rag pointed to the black cat you ran from. "Oh so you leave me with a CAT, and let me to get out myself?! So helpful you are!!!!"

You were pissed. So pissed as he was walking away all you could think of was one word, revenge. You didn't notice, that you were glowing a bright s/c, until the ropes snapped and you hit your head against the ground. 

"OOMPH!" You started glaring at the black cat in front of you.

"What do you want cat?" The cat just meowed, took your sleeve in it's mouth and pulled you towards where Rag went.

Reluctantly, you grabbed your hat that fell off, brushed the dirt off as much as you could, and followed the cat into the forest.

Rag P.O.V.

Y/n should be showing up soon. I got f/f cooked, and warm just for her. If I was going to help her through her journey, better start with her liking me right? Even though she probably hates me for just leaving her to get out of her situation herself.

3...2...1... I heard a knock at the door. "Ah just in time."

I opened the door to see an angered Y/n with Ansgar in her arms. "You have a lazy cat. You know that right?"

I just laughed. "Of course. He only helps if he thinks there's something for him at the end."

"And was there?"

"Heh. Nope."

She gasped and dropped Ansgar on the floor. Being a cat, he landed on his feet. I opened the door wider. "Come on in Y/n. We have a lot to discuss."

Y/n's P.O.V.

I sat on the table with f/f in front of me. Rag was sitting across from me eating the same.

"Aren't you going to eat that?"

"Probably. Are you sure it's not poisoned?"

"Nah. You're too important to human and monster kind to die."

I was just confused. Human AND monster?! I thought those were just legends!

Rag just laughed. "Well, they are legends, but also history." Crap. Didn't notice I said that aloud.

"Well, what happened?"

"You know what happened Y/n. Human and Monster kind had a war, humans locked monsters up, and ever since then monsters have been living underground."

"Okay... but what does this have to do with me?"

"You are a human with magic, and your selfless. If you use your magic for good, and help the townspeople and monsters, you can defeat the king and take the kingdom back."

"Okay hold it. One, I don't have magic. Two, how can I help the townspeople and monsters?! I've never been in town, and the monsters are underground. And Three, why would I want to take the kingdom back? What if I like to be a random person in the woods?"

Rag just chuckled. "How do you think you got out of the trap Y/n? It was your magic."

Realization hit me hard. From the times where when I had a strong emotion the room would light up, or something would be set aflame randomly. I mentally facepalmed.

"How do I control it?"

"Easy. I'll train you." And that was the start of the three longest years of my life.

~Time Skip~

Author's P.O.V.

It's been three years since that day. Rag taught you how to control your powers, teleport, summon s/c weapons, even hide your identity with a magical mask instead of a painted on one. Your hair was still black, but it had streaks of s/c in it. You kept your hair short, and instead of a hat, you used a long, thick black cloak instead. You always kept three knives on you at all times incase your magic didn't work. You learned how to climb a tree, use every single weapon you could think of, and you learned how to be silent and hide in the shadows where no one could see you.

Today you were ready. You were ready to go and help the city out full time. Rag took you there a few times, and you started to help the citizens by sneaking two loaves of bread at night to two random door ways every night. Even though it was a pretty large village, they were poor. Turns out the whole country was poor and the king kept on raising the taxes, breaking families apart because of it. You live in a cave in the forest. It's hidden so no one can find it unless you show them yourself. You left Rag about two weeks ago, and you've been hanging out in your home since then. During that time, you remembered Tav's friend, and went there. Taylor became one of your best friends, and was the only village person who knew your secret. Staying in the shadows, you started to roam around town. Trying to see if anybody needed help.

It was sunset, and you were done putting the loaves of bread on the steps and were about to go home when, "HELP SOMEONE!"

You ran towards the voice and saw a soldier holding a young woman about your age up against a wall, trying to lift her skirt up. Knowing what to do, you formed a s/c boomerang, threw it, and watched as it hit the huge oaf's hand, making him drop the girl. Noticing she was free, she ran behind you, and you started fighting the stupid jerk.

"Your not gonna like what's happening next boy." He practically spat the name out at you.

"Sorry fato, I think it isn't nice to try to take advantage of women. ESPECIALLY ones younger than you." You practically spat the phrase out.

"Why I otta..." You jumped out of the way, and watched as he tripped over himself in surprise.

Snickering, you summoned a s/c sword, and started fighting him. Being the stupid person he is, you were able to defeat him easy by just running around until he got tired. Once he passed out, you unsummoned your sword, and walked to where the young girl was hiding.

"Hey, it's alright. What's your name?" You quietly walked up to her and asked in a soothing voice.

"My name is Aini, and I want to thank such a handsome young man to save me. Whose name shall I say when I tell my friends about you?" She tried to act adult-like, but failed. Miserably.

Quietly chuckling, you decided to join her game. "You shalt call me Will fair maiden. Will Shooter. Now, may I take thee to your house?" You bowed and held your hand out in a caring way.

Why am I doing this? Am I just trying to hide the fact that I'm a girl, and flirting  is one of the only ways to prove myself? Gasping in surprise, Aini took your hand while you led her to her house. Oh what have I gotten into? You noticed it was one of the one's where you put one of the loaves on earlier.

You were about to walk away when, "Mr. Shooter, were you the one who's been bringing loaves of bread to two families every night?"

You turned around, not letting her see your eyes. "Aye Aini. It was me."

And without any other words, you moved around and walked away, back into the shadows, but not before hearing a small voice, "Sissy, who was that your talking to?"

"That, Eijaz, was Will Shooter, the town's protector."

__________________________________________________

Again, I'm sorry for it taking too long. But, I'm finally done, and I promise I'll update more.

Welp, See Ya!

-SC