He hugged me and I smiled unbelievably happy to actually have not only a father figure but a dad who wanted me. "Can I ask why you call your mother by her first name?" he asked gently.

I stiffened not sure what to say. The last person I had told about my childhood had been Bastien, but his own childhood had been just as bad. "She wasn't my mother" I finally said, "Mothers protect their children". I saw enraged and horrified looks cross both my father's and Greyson's faces and my own cheeks instantly flushed with shame.

I pushed the plate of half-eaten pancakes away suddenly no longer hungry. I quickly excused myself hurrying back upstairs. I know that I should have chosen my words more carefully, but I had been stupid to hope that they might not care. I changed out of my pj's and put on a pair of running shorts and a loose sweater when Greyson softly knocked at the door "Can I come in?" He asked gently and I nodded. He sat on the bed "Do you want to talk about it?".

"Not now," I said knowing that he would make me tell him eventually.

"Ok," he said pulling me down beside him "Will you at least tell me what had you so freaked out this morning?".

I nodded thrown off guard. With everything that had happened this morning, I'd almost forgotten about Mason. I told Greyson about my dream and about Mason, but that he hadn't really said anything to me. I honestly had no idea what he wanted from me.

"He's going to try to take you" Greyson growled. I could see the anger in his eyes, but knew he was trying to restrain himself for my sake.

"You do realize that I'm not just some object to be passed around right?" I sighed feeling irritated.

"I know that. You know I know that" Greyson said wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "It's just in our minds nature to be extra protective . Especially of our mates and I already lost you once I think it would kill me to lose you again" He kissed my neck where his mark lay sending shivers up my spine.

Still despite how much Mason terrified me I didn't get the impression that he wanted to hurt me. I thought back to the one and only time I had met him in person. He'd been polite, funny and respectful. He hadn't seemed like a guy who thought of me as an object to be taken. In fact, he seemed to be rather concerned with what I thought. It was almost like he was trying to impress me. "Greyson why does everyone think that Mason wants to hurt me" I asked trying to keep a neutral tone in my voice.

"You're kidding right?" Greyson looked at me incredulously "Britney the vampires want to see our kind wiped out and honestly I would be a lot happier if there weren't any more of them around either. You're the closest thing our kind has to royalty. Losing you to a vampire would be a blow to our entire species".

"You get that that makes me super uncomfortable right" I said rubbing my arms self consciously. "I just don't see how I could be important to so many people I've never even met" I sighed.

"I know sweetheart, but true-born females of our kind are revered. Among the more superstitious of our kind their even revered as a walking embodiment of the moon goddess" Greyson said and I froze up.

"You know I'm not right" I squeaked out unnerved by the thought of anyone thinking of me as a living embodiment of a goddess.

"Like I said that's mostly just old-world superstition. But you have to understand the number of true born wolves is dwindling. As long as you're alive it guarantees a new generation of true born wolves" Greyson said proudly.

My stomach churned. I didn't want to be responsible for the continuation of an entire species. "This is just too weird" I said pacing around my room "Can you please leave?".

"What?" Greyson asked astonished.

"Look I'm kind of freaking out right now. I don't even want to think about having children anytime soon, but now if I don't I could cause an entire species to go extinct." I said hysterically "And I know you were just answering the question that I asked, but I could feel how excited you were when you were talking about children so having you around isn't going to help calm me down".

"Brittney I know you don't want kids now. And no one's going to pressure you to do anything you don't want to" He said "And that was my wolf getting excited about children. I don't want any for a couple of years".

"See I was raised as a human so it's hard for me to understand the distinction between you and your wolf. Plus not only do I have to deal with my own crazy emotions right now, but I can feel yours and it's making me feel a little insane" I said trying to not hyperventilate.

Greyson wrapped his arms around me tightly not moving as I tried to wriggle out of his grasp so I could continue my pacing. "Would you like me to tell you about how that relationship between me and my wolf works? " he asked in a low soothing voice.

I nodded slightly confused as he held me. "Well, it's not a separate person or entity. It's more like a more primal version of ourselves. It reacts to base instincts which most of the time we can control. It's a little harder though when it comes to our mates because as a guy I know that to act on those base instincts isn't what I should do. The base instincts are to protect our mates and produce offspring, but it doesn't take into consideration the right way to do it. It's the impulse to act like the animals that we can transform into. These base instincts are the reason that our society is so different from normal human society because it wouldn't work. We may look like humans, but we aren't".

By the time he finished talking my heart was no longer frantically pounding in my chest, but instead beating steadily in time with Greyson's. "Thank you for calming me down," I said after a moment letting myself relax against him.

"Of course," he said kissing my forehead "However we do need to go and talk to your father about the possibility of Mason coming back for you".

"Please don't Greyson," I said moving between him and the door before he could even think about leaving to talk to my father "If you tell him he's going to put me under house arrest and I'm tired of that. I just need some semblance of normalcy". Or at least as close to normal as you could get when living with a bunch of Werewolfs.

Greyson pursed his lips contemplating this. To keep him from thinking about it too hard I kissed him nibbling gently on his lower lip. He kissed me back before forcing himself away "You know you make it incredibly hard to think when you do that".

"I know" I smiled impishly kissing his neck. I wasn't sure whether what was with me today, but my emotions were all over the place. "I can think of some other things we can do besides think"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Hey guys I hoped you liked it! I was thinking about possibly adding in some steamier scenes going forward so let me know if that would be something you guys would want! If I do decide to add those in I will put a warning at the beginning of the chapter :) Shout outs to the wonderful and amazing @Sydtracent, @AnnabellaSophiaFeora, @hollydavishicks, and @Lovepoetryandbooks. For your chance at a shout out please comment and vote! I also wanted to send some extra love and appreciation to @BrittneyLathan! Thank you so much for continuing to read and comment you are amazing! As always please comment if you have something you want to see or a certain P.O.V chapter :) Thanks for reading! XOXO