Chapter Two

Stiles was lying on the metal table, a pillow behind his neck and a blanket over his body. He has been by himself for maybe an hour, he could hear Alan moving around in the room beside him, but not much more. He held the two babies. Even though they were really early, they didn't look premature at all. Alan said something about the fact that since they are born werewolves, they grew faster than normal babies. That scared Stiles because that meant that time was going to go faster. He didn't want to miss a second.

Derek walked in with two car seats, smiling when he saw Stiles sitting there with the twins. "We can go home now. You ready?"

"Yeah. I'm rea- oh no! We don't even have cribs! We don't have anything! What are we going to do?!" Stiles asked.

"Don't worry, Erica and I just went out and bought some baby stuff. We set it all up in the room beside ours," Derek said, reaching to grab Crimson and placing him in the blue and green car seat.

"Why did you get gender colored ones? You know how I feel about stereotypes," Stiles said, looking at the blue and green car seat, and then the pink and purple car seat.

"I didn't get them because they were 'boy and girl colors'," Derek said, using hand quotations before reaching for Scarlett. "I got them because both Erica and I loved them more than the plain ones they had."

"What else did you and Erica get?" Stiles asked curiously.

"Enough to make a whole baby room," Derek said, buckling Scarlett in the car seat.

"Alright..." Stiles nodded. He started to get up, a little pain running through his body but not enough to stop him. Derek grabbed the two car seats and they both walked down the hall.

"We're leaving Alan, you can stop by the house and drop off your stuff whenever," Derek said as they passed his office. Alan mumbled something that Derek didn't understand but didn't think twice about. They walked outside and Stiles stopped.

"What is this?" Stiles asked, looking at the car that was parked.

"Our new car," Derek said, smiling. He walked to one side and put Crimson in. And then put Scarlett in on the other side.

"How much money do you have exactly?" Stiles asked curiously. He wasn't sure how Derek bought all of this stuff, a house, a car.

"Enough," Derek said, opening the passenger side of the Chevy Impala, waiting for Stiles to walk to it and get in.

"So, an Impala huh?" Stiles said as soon as Derek got in. "And not even the one with leather seats and a sunroof. Look who's becoming a daddy."

Derek raised an eyebrow, making Stiles roll his eyes. Derek sighed, nodding. "Yeah. I knew we needed a better family car than your Jeep, but even though I wanted a new Camaro, and trust me, I really wanted another one, I knew it wouldn't work. So I thought an Impala would be nice."

They pulled out as Alan called. Derek answered and all he heard was gasps and the line dropped. "What was that?"

"Alan, he tried to call and then he hung up. We should go back in and see if everything is ok-" Derek said, but that's when Scarlett started to fuss, which caused Crimson to start to fuss.

"Or we can go home so we can calm them down and ask him what was up when he gets there. Because isn't he coming anyway?" Stiles asked, reaching back to try and calm down them down.

"Ok, yeah. That sounds like a better plan," Derek said, driving to the house. Erica was there waiting for them, she dropped the Jeep off but wanted to see Stiles' reaction to the baby stuff.

"Hey!" Erica said once they pulled in. She went to the back door and pulled out one baby, Crimson. "Are you excited to see what we bought?"

"I'm excited to see my bed," Stiles, groaning as he walked towards the house. Erica looked at Derek, who nodded. Derek grabbed Scarlett and locked the car.

"We can show him after his nap," Derek said, "in the meantime. Can you help me be a daddy?"

Erica chuckled and nodded, following Stiles inside the house. "Here, you take the babies up to the room, and I'll get two formulas going."

Derek nodded, taking Crimson's car seat from Erica and heading upstairs. Erica went into the kitchen, grabbing two bottles from the baby cabinet that Derek and her put together.

She was almost done making the formulas when she heard something, causing the hair on her arms to stand up. She slowly placed the two bottles down, listening to her surroundings. The front down cracked open, causing her to slowly walking to the entrance to the living room.

She looked around the corner and let out a sigh of relief, "Alan, you scared the hell out of me."

"Haha sorry, Erica." The way he said her name made the hairs on her neck stand up, but she ignored it.

"Do you need help with your bags? The guest room is downstairs," Erica said, stepping toward him.

He nodded, "that'll be greatly appreciated, Erica."

Again, something caused Erica's gut to be uneasy, but yet again she ignored them. She grabbed two of the four bags he brought in and lead him into the kitchen then down the stairs into the basement.

Once they were in the guest room, Alan put the bags on the bed. "Thank you kindly for showing me my room. Where are the babies?"

"They're upstairs with Derek, I was making formulas for them and heading up. Why don't you get settled and come up when you're done," Erica said, smiling.

"Derek... Yes, alright. Thank you, Erica." Alan said, standing in one spot until Erica left the room. Erica closed the door behind her, sighing. That was extremely awkward.

She headed up the stairs, grabbing the two warm bottles and headed upstairs into the babies room. Derek was sitting in the chair with both of them in his arms, looking down with tears in his eyes. "You alright?"

"They're just so beautiful..." Derek said, holding back tears as hard as he can. He looked up and saw the bottles, "alright, great. Why don't you feed Crimson and I'll feed Scarlett."

"Sounds like a plain," Erica said, taking the baby with less hair from Derek's arms. They started feeding them, the babies drinking the formula quickly. "Alright, so after you feed them you gotta burp them."

"Burp them?" Derek asked, confused.

"Yes, burp them. You gotta put her over your shoulder like this," Erica said, showing him with a Crimson. Derek did the same, watching Erica. "And then you gently pat their back like this."

She started, walking towards one of the cribs and grabbing a towel, throwing it over her shoulder before moving Crimson back to where he was. "What is that for?"

"Oh nothing," Erica said, smiling. They burped the babies, and Crimson threw up a little like Erica knew he would, and so did Scarlett.

"Oh my gosh! It's going down my back!" Derek said, gently pulling Scarlett away from his shoulder, standing up and placing her in her crib. "That was what the towel was for wasn't it?"

Erica chuckled, placing Crimson in his crib. "Yes, yes it was. I had to, I'm sorry."

Derek growled in anger but rolled his eyes and let it go. "I'm going to change."

"Ok. Oh by the way Alan is here," Erica said, earning a nod from Derek before he walked out of the room.