eighteen.

sergio walks into the hospital room, standing by his wife, holding her hand. she turns her hand slowly, looks at him and smiles.

'hello mi amor.' says sergio quietly.

'hello.' she says quietly, 'i haven't got long left.'

'i know, i'm going to be here until the head.' he says carefully holding her hand.

'can you believe the last time i was in a hospital bed was when i gave birth to joan.' she says with a smile.

'look, how old we are sergio.' she says looking at their hands.

'there was once a time, we didn't have wrinkly old hands, grey hair and we weren't fragile. we were young, stupid and in love. i love you so much sergio, you've given me so much love and happiness.'

'you've always looked after me, loved me, kept me safe. we've had three beautiful kids, i couldn't thank you enough.' she says as tear runs down his cheek.

'don't cry sergio, be happy. we did it. we stayed together till the end.' she says sounding weaker and weaker.

sergio knows she's slowly going, they both know they've both had to be ready for this time to come, they don't just know how to react.

'can i see my babies one last time?' she asks. sergio goes outside and gets mateo, anna and joan who are all sat outside the hospital room. they've left the kids at home as they don't want them to see their own grandmother past away.

'it's time to say your goodbyes.' says sergio as they all follow him back into the room. they all stand around their madre's bed.

'my babies.' says camila with a smile.

'hi mamá.' says joan with a small smile.

'i remember when you were all little babies, life has gone by so fast.' she says sounding weaker.

'mamá, don't talk if you feel too weak.' says anna holding her hand.

'i'm dying, i can't get any weaker.' says camila laughing slightly.

typical camila. always making jokes in the worst situations, thought sergio.

'it's time.' says a nurse coming in.

the four of them look at each other and take a deep breath.

'goodbye mamá. thank you for being the best person in the world and also my best friend. i love you so so much. thank you for being an amazing abuela.' says mateo kissing her forehead.

'mamá, you are my idol, my star. i look up to you and how strong you are. i mean you had to put up with papá for so long, you deserve a medal. i could go on and on on how amazing you are. i just love you so much.' says anna wiping her eyes.

'i've always been your special friend mamá as i'm the youngest. you always used to protect me over bad people and bad things and i used to get mad. but i listened, you made me the man i am today. i love you mamá.' says joan.

the three of them look at sergio.

'would you like to be alone papá?' asks anna, he simply shakes his head.

'camila sofia piqué bernabéu, i love you so much. i could go on and on about how amazing you are and how you changed my life. but i pretty much reminded you every single day, i don't want to repeat myself.'

'and don't worry mi amor, you won't be alone for long.'

and that's the story of sergio ramos and  camila piqué.

THANK YOU for reading my shitty fanfiction, this is honestly my worst work i have no idea why i wrote this tbh. i did not have it planned like this, i should write another fanfiction to make up for this shitty one.