eight

it's been a month since i last spoke to sergio, have i gotten over him? no. are my feelings for him stronger than before? yes.

i'm sat at home after long day of work, i'm sat on the sofa watching re runs of the fresh prince of bel air eating away my feelings with a bowl of popcorn beside me.

suddenly the weather changes making my house suddenly cold. i pause the television and and make my way to my bedroom. i close the window as it's starting to heavily rain and put a hoodie on. i go back downstairs and continue watching.

during mid episode my phone starts ringing, i look at the contact photo it's geri. i sigh and answer it.

'camila why haven't you been answering your phone? i've been worried sick!'

'i just need a break from everyone that's all geri.' i say sighing.

'someone is up mila, tell me. come on you know you can tell me anything you're my best friend.'

'i don't want to talk about it.' i say.

'is it something to do with you and that sergio guy?' he asks.

'i haven't spoken to sergio in over a month, it's got nothing to do with him.' i hiss.

'then what is it? if you don't tell me i'm coming.'

'it's nothing, leave me alone! i say angrily before ending the call.

i was harsh to geri, all he wanted to do was make sure i was okay. i've never appreciated geri enough, he's always there when i need him even with such a busy lifestyle as his own. but he always makes time for his family.

i'm just as confused as everyone else by the way i'm acting over a man. even as a teenager when i had a boyfriend and we broke up, for the first two weeks i was upset then the next i was angry and the week i honestly couldn't have cared less if he did.

but this time it's different, i don't know why. sergio is different, there's just something about him. even if at first it was all just jokes between us then we started having conversations about serious matters like black lives matter, donald trump and world peace.

i knew from the moment i liked him, he didn't feel the same way. but somehow at the back of mind i thought there might be a small chance he feels the same. i was completely wrong.

out of nowhere, someone starts knocking at the door snapping me out of my thoughts.

it must be gerard, he did say he was coming over if i didn't tell me what's wrong. i better tell him sooner or late

i pause the television and quickly get to the door as it's pouring outside.

i open the door and there's a person who's back is turned to me. they suddenly turn around and my eyes widen.

they rush towards me and put their lips against mine.

'it's you. it's always been you.'

oh bitch fuck me up