fifteen

'forty five years old and my man still looks good.' i say watching sergio at a photoshoot.

'ew mamá, that's gross.' says mateo in disgust as he types something on his phone.

'who are you texting?' i say looking down at his phone as he quickly locks the screen and puts in his pocket.

'no one.'

'his girlfriend.' says anna.

'shut up.' hisses mateo.

'you have a girlfriend?' i say in shock.

'no, she's just a friend.'

'friends don't kiss.' says anna.

'fuck off you little shit.'

'mateo, language!' i say slapping his arm.

we weren't expecting joan, he was an unexpected accident that happened on our honeymoon. i came back home to madrid and started to have morning sickness then we found out i'm pregnant. but we wouldn't change anything for the world. we named him joan after gerard and i's father, when geri found out his name he burst out crying.

'how's my little princess?' says sergio walking towards anna.

'always the favourite child.' says mateo rolling his eyes.

'hey don't say that, she's just a daddy's girl. we always say and we always mean it when we say we love you all equally.' i say.

'yeah whatever.' he says rolling his eyes.

'if you keep rolling your eyes, you'll start seeing your brain.' i say and he laughs.

'now about this girlfriend of yours, what's her name?' i ask taking him into a corner.

'and don't worry i'm not going all up in your personal life. i just want to know what's her name.' i ask.

'her name's mia. mia griezmann.' he says.

'your girlfriend is antoine griezmann's daughter? but that's so cute! she's so beautiful. how long has it been going?' i ask.

'well around three months. i didn't want to tell you and papá until i knew for sure it was serious and not just someone i'm dating.' he says shrugging.

'don't worry, this can stay between you and me. i won't tell your padre anything unless you want me to.'

'and i'm also proud of you mateo, for not rushing into things. that's the worse you can do in a relationship.' i say.

'what was papá like when you both started dating?' asks mateo.

'oh that's a funny story. at first, we were barely friends. we just had banter and argued most of the time. me being gerard piqué's sister and him being a real madrid player. i actually fell for him but he didn't feel the same way. i was heartbroken, i didn't talk to anyone for over a month.'

'but then he came and surprised me while i was living in barcelona. he kissed me outside my house in the rain, cliché i know. and that's really how i knew he was the one for me.'

'okay that's actually quite romantic. who knew papá was the romantic type?' says mateo laughing slightly.

'oh he's very romantic. a little too much for my personal taste but i've learnt to deal with it.' i say laughing as sergio comes walking over to us with anna on his back.

'talking about me again i see?' he says putting anna down.

'i was telling mateo about how we first started talking.' i say.

'you told him about the nude?' he says and mateo looks at us both in shock.

'what?' he says in shock.

'what's a nude photo?' asks anna making us all go bright red. 

i take anna's hand and start walking away.

'i'll let you tell him.'