thirteen

'isn't it strange seeing papá play against uncle geri?' asks mateo, my four year old son.

'it is sweetheart.' i say as he's wearing a small real madrid kit with ramos on the back.

'look real madrid have a corner!' says mateo jumping up and down excitedly.

mateo has got his love for real madrid from his father, i'm still a barcelona supporter nothing will change that.

sergio and i have been together for seven years, we've got a beautiful son and a daughter on the way. we're currently engaged and our wedding is planned a year after the birth of our daughter.

'papa did a goal!' says mateo happily as the bernabéu cheer their captain on.

sergio celebrates the goal by putting the ball understand his jersey and his thumb in his mouth. before running over to us and giving us both a hug, kissing me quickly.

'ew.' says mateo pulling a face as sergio runs back.

'come here you.' i say picking him and showering him with kisses making him giggle.

i look around the bernabéu, seeing a sea of white jersey fill the the stadium. i smile at the reaction sergio still gets at aged thirty four and his last year for real madrid.

❁ ❁

'aunty camila! uncle sergio!' says sacha and running towards us.

'hey little buddy.' says sergio giving him a hug and picking him up.

'today in school we had a presentation and we had to choose a person we look up to. i choose you!' he says happily.

'oh really? what did you say?' asks sergio smiling.

'well i said how much you make aunty camila happy, how talented you are and how you're the best defender in the world!' he says making gerard roll his eyes.

'don't be mad that your son knows what he's talking about.' says sergio laughing.

'shut up.' says gerard.

'that's five euros in the swear jar uncle geri!' says mateo.

'but-'

'don't bother arguing with him.' i say laughing. geri gets his wallet out hands his nephew the money who puts it in his pocket.

'hey sergio, hey camila.' says milan walking in.

'look at you getting all handsome!' i say in shock at my fourteen year old nephew.

'camila, come on.' he says embarrassed as i give him a hug.

'you don't want to hug your favourite aunt?' i say in shock.

'you're my only aunt.' he says laughing.

'he's looking more and more like his father everyday.' says sergio.

'i know, i've blessed him with my good looks.' says gerard.

'keep telling yourself that.' says sergio.