Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"What?  Why do you need it?  Why didn't you let me tell her we knew someone who looked like this Prem person."

"We don't know if it is the same person.  Her brother is dead, and she has accepted it.  What good will it do now?"

"But we still don't know why you of all people are seeing this person who hasn't found peace or whatever people do after death.  Seriously Arthit, I am not going to sleep in the same room as you until I get a thread tied to my wrist for protection.  Or even better until I find an exorcist."

Arthit reached into his bag and took out the paper he had been looking at earlier and handed it to Toota wordlessly.

Toota opened it looking at Arthit questioningly.  His eyes widened, his mouth hung open in shock.

"Is this... you?"

Arthit shrugged.

"What the.. what.. I can't."

"That is why I had to get it from her," Arthit said calmly.

"Oh my gosh!  You are the fucking dead friend!  The one who drowned!  That's why you are afraid of water!" Toota covered his mouth.

"Toota.. what am I going to do now?  I'm scared."

"Let's get back to our room first.  I need to lie down."

********************

Toota was pacing in the room.  Arthit sat on the bed, trying to understand the situation.

"I can't believe this," said Toota.

"I know."

"Is this even possible?"

"I know Toota!"

"I am so freaked out."

"I know.. you said that about a hundred times already."

"So, this past you, Korn drowned?  And you and this Prem guy, who also happens to look like 0062 were lovers.  Then he committed suicide?  Do you think Kongpob remembers this? "

"Toota we don't know if it's Kongpob for sure!"

"You can ask him."

"And exactly how am I going to ask him that?  Hello, N' Kongpob, I might be your lover from your past life by any chance, do you remember me?  Toota, I am unpopular as it is.  I don't want people to think I am crazy too!"  Arthit sighed, "Let's say he is this Prem from the past.  He has a girlfriend.  He wouldn't have a girlfriend if he remembered, would he?"

"How can you say that!  You liked Prem too didn't you.. oh no!" Toota gasped.

"What now?"

"What if you were attracted to Prem because of his name!  Arthit you have been looking for your Prem all along!"

"That's not true!" Arthit exclaimed.

"Are you sure about that?"

Arthit closed his eyes.  He was a complete mess.

"We have to find out if Kongpob is your man from the past."

"Don't say that!  The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it sounds."

"Show Kongpob the drawing!"

"It looks like I drew it.  It will seem suspicious."

"Then we have to see if he has feelings for you.  I seriously think he does."

"Toota you idiot, he has a girlfriend!" Arthit was frustrated.

"And I think you have a thing for him too.  Don't deny it!"

"I don't know.."

"The two of you are destined to be together!  Isn't that romantic?"

Arthit rolled his eyes.  "It's no use now.  There is no way to find out."

"I have an idea," Toota said out after a minute.

"Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like this?" Arthit said looking at Toota.

"All you have to do is what anyone would do in a situation like this."

"And what is that?"

"See if Kongpob would get jealous if you are with someone."

Arthit scoffed, "I knew you were going to say something ridiculous like that."

"You can use Prem!" Toota smiled at Arthit mischievously.

"Of course not!"

"Oh come on.  We both know Prem deserves it."

"Toota, I am not going to stoop down to that level.  What about Kongpob's girlfriend?  She is an innocent victim."

"If this is your Prem then Kongpob never belonged to her, to begin with."

"Now you are just trying to justify it.  That past life is gone.  I found my answer.  I can't change the present."

"Are you sure that's enough Arthit?"

*********************************************

A/N- I know you all are waiting for Kongpob's POV and that will be next.  I have some exams coming up so the updates will be a bit slower, until next week.