Big sister?

Her mesmerising silver eyes met my blue ones, a soft smile graced her lips.

"Want to join us?" She finished the flower crown and put it on the head of one of the girls.

"What are the kids doing here Lily, they are not allowed here" I said sternly.

Her smile widen at the sound of her name but her eyes didn't smile.

"Big sister brought us flowers from the field and taught us how to press them, she took us here so she would teach us how to do a floral wreath" Said Emily, the little blonde shy girl who I didn't expect to be here, she usually doesn't trust anyone easily.

"They wanted to go outside the border and get the flowers so badly so I went and brought them, I asked them if they want to know more things to do with flowers, they agreed that is why we are here" she answered calmly while beginning a new flower cown.

"You kids need to go home but before that you have to clean this mess up"

"There's no rush, Zaire and Jenn are on a date they won't come till late in the night. I guess you wanted to speak with Zaire. He is not here. Why don't you sit with us?"

Before I could answer two of the three girls began to drag me to Lily who was sitting on the floor surrounded by flowers.

'She looks so beautiful' isn't that what you thought?

No.

Haha, you always answer in short words when you lie.

Bullshit.

I sat down leaning on the couch, sitting on the carpet in a safe distance. I sighed tiredly.

"Why are you calling her 'Big sister'?"

They gulped audibly, usually they are cheeky brats, they never were the scared type.

Lily stood up " You kids are sure hungry, do you want to eat pasta?" She put the last flower crown on Veronica's head.

"Yes, pleaaaase" they shouted in unison.

She left, I once more asked "Why are you calling her 'Big sister'?" They looked at eachother horror in their eyes.

June spoke first "She is really nice" the usual sassy tone gone.

I focused my stare at them "And now the truth"

Emily sighed " Big sis can be reaaaaal scary! She caught us when we sneaked out of the pack to get flowers-"

Veronica continued " She helped us pick some and brought us back to the orphanage. The whole way she has scolded us-"

June this time finished " Her eyes are scary not even Kathrin has glared at us like that, she glared at us all the way. When we started to pretend to cry she didn't faze at all, she even scolded us more! We even used the puppy eyes!" Kathrin is one of the sisters helping in the orphanage.

Even the puppy eyes?

"Then why 'Big sister'?"

They shared a moment before turning to me "We didn't want to talk about it..but you helped us a lot so"

" When we arrived she changed her attitude completely and smiled at us, we thought she had some screws loose.' I lost my parents a long time ago, I didn't have any family, I was completey alone' she began to talk, ' you otherwise left the pack boundaries knowing that there are people who will get worried about you, who would miss you. You are young, anything could have happened to you, you could've died' " Emily had guilt in her eyes.