I Got Drunk and Married an Arrogant Rockstar? You've Got to be Kidding Me! [18]

I Got Drunk And Married An Arrogant Rockstar? You've Got To Be Kidding Me! [18]

.:Previously...

I plopped down on the couch next to Luke, booted up the computer, and went on the internet to book the flight. I was too lazy to call a Travel Agency.

Without thinking about it, I spoke my thoughts. "You should come. You don't have to go to the concert or anything, but it would be nice to have company. Plus, as nice as California is, it beats staying here."

"Maybe."

"I'll pay for it." I had a budget big enough for the two of us.

"I don't know."

"Just for a day. As friends, I promise."

"Fine." He reached for something in his pocket and brought out a wallet. I shook my head but he gave me money anyway.

So instead of buying one ticket, I bought two.

---

Chapter 18...

It was Wednesday afternoon right now; the sun was at its highest currently. My bags were already packed for the flight and so were Luke's. He had called before, but he wasn't here yet.

I was back on the balcony, as usual. I stared out at the almost translucent water. It was calmer today. The waves gently lapped at the shore.

We were supposed to be at the airport at 2:00 P.M, which is two hours away. The plane should leave at 2:45.

If I was able to leave right now, I probably would.

My main reason for my desperation to get to Colorado was the fact that Audrey was with Alex. There was a strong need to kill her in me. I just can't tolerate her anymore. I hoped that Alex still didn't like her. Who would?

Well, probably a lot of people. The ones that haven't met her, at least.

I should have just killed her right then and there on Saturday. If Alex hadn't been nearby...there would be serious damage to her face.

For an hour or so, I went by the beach. I didn't exactly go in the water but I stood by the shoreline and I waded in knee-deep. I was wearing jean shorts and a loose t-shirt, so my clothes didn't get wet. If you wore long pants in the summer in California you might as well be asking for hell. Today, the water was ice cold and I didn't want to freeze to my bones, so I didn't go all the way in the water.

For a second I caught glimpse of a guy with jet black hair and with a similar style to the one Alex had. I looked away as soon as I saw him, I didn't need reminders.

Then I saw Luke walking on the pier, it wasn't really all that far from where I was standing. I waved at him and motioned him over when he saw me. He started walking towards me. A few people, mostly girls, flocked to him before he reached me. I laughed.

When he neared me he said, "Hey, beautiful."

I smiled. It was a nice compliment, but I didn't want to hear it from him.

"Hey," I said.

The only reason I really wanted him to come was for him to be there if anything happened. It was also for company, though.

We talked for a bit longer then headed back towards the apartments.

***

Luke and I were both in the LAX airport now. We were minutes away from boarding the plane.

"So," he said. "I heard that if you touch the outside of the plane before boarding it, it's good luck."

"That's interesting. We'll definitely need the luck."

We were right in front of the plane now and we both touched the exterior of it. Luck? Psh.

I found my seat which was right next to Luke's and sat down. A few other people boarded the plane; a lot of the people were already in the plane and had already settled. We got here a little late.

"How long will it take to get to Denver?" I asked.

"Dos horas y quince minutos."

"Spanish," I said, "Not really my thing." I rolled my eyes.

"Two hours and fifteen minutes, stupid." He laughed and I elbowed him in the ribs.

"I'm sorry, but normal people don't just randomly break out talking in Spanish."

"Who said I was normal?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No one."

"Exactly."

The pilot's voice rang out on the intercom, followed by a Spanish translation.

"Hey," I said to Luke, "there's your Spanish dialect."

"Callate," he responded.

I knew what that meant: shut up.

"Oh, why don't YOU shut up," I joked.

He blinked. "Wow, I'm surprised you knew what that meant."

"Callate."

A few minutes later we ascended into the air.

Two hours and fourteen minutes left until we reach Colorado.

---

Okay, so this chapter isn't as long as either of us wants it to be. Sorry, guys. It's just that I have a huge test coming up on Friday and I haven't started studying so I need to start that...and also it's 90 degrees and hot and humid and I don't feel like staying inside today! Gr! It's usually like 60 degrees but today it decided to go weird on me...blame Mother Nature.

I found a new love...Augustana! If you guys haven't heard of their music yet, go check it out right now! My favorite song by them is Fire.

I MIGHT POST TOMORROW OR TUESDAY. The studying is really getting in the way. 2 weeks left of school!