Chapter Eight

(A week later...)

::YN::

So today is my baby shower!! I'm so excited to see my cousins and aunts and uncles. I was supposed to have it last month but for some stupid reason, I didn't.

But anyway, we are having it at my mom's house. My cousins came all the way from Corona, California just for me. So at this point nothing is going to mess up my day.

The whole crew was here. Trina was here with the baby. The twins were playing with Angela and the boys, being that they were all around the same age.

Everyone brought in a gift for me. Some of Chresanto's family was here too. It was kind of akward because they kept asking "How did you two meet?".

I would just act as if someone was calling me or something. Being that I was pregnant, I did not need to cuss somebody out for their judgement or stress.

So I kind of tried to avoid his family. I just wanted to enjoy myself and not deal with nobody bullshit. Ki'loni was here with Niko too. The only person that wasn't here was Ray.

But i'm pretty sure Ki'loni wouldn't want him here anyway. Plus, we did plan this together. Chris and Chresanto was in the back on the grill.

I was just sitting on couch with Ki'loni, talking with Niko sitting next to her. He didn't really know anybody, so I could kind of know how he was feeling. "Niko, why don't you go around and talk?" I ask, as we both turn to look at him.

He shrugs. "I don't know anybody here." I roll my eyes. "You know my cousins Morgan, Bree, and Brooke." I respond. "You know they don't like me." He says annoyed. "Oh right... Well you know Chresanto."

"You know he don't like me either because of what happened a while back at the park." He argues. I roll my eyes. "You're so difficult." Ki'loni butts in, laughing. He cracks a small smile and pulls out his phone.

"Hey boo." I hear as my cousin Brooke walks up to me. I smile and reply, "Hey."

"So, what's the baby's name?" She asks, sitting next to me. I make a silly thinking face and she giggles. "You'll have to find out." I say, smiling. She playfully rolls her eyes. "Y'all should stay down here 'til I give birth."

"Can we?" She asks. Yeah, my mom and Chris got some empty rooms. You and the kids'll have to share a room though." I say.

"Well i'm good with that." We both laugh. That's when Chresanto comes over interrupting us. "Can I take her for a minute?" He asks, smiling.

She chuckles and gets up. "Take all the time you need." He smiles, sitting where she once sat and puts his hand on my stomach.

"What goofball?" I ask, giggling. He just shakes his head. "I'm about to chin-check you if you don't tell me what's up."

"Nothing." He chuckles. "Mhm." I mumble. I felt his lips brush against mine. I playfully roll my eyes and lean in, kissing him.

"Aye, aye quit you two. That's how we already got one on the way now." I heard Uncle Warren say. I pull away blushing.

Chres smirks and licks his lips, getting up and going back to the backyard. I just sit, enjoying everything, and everybody.

For once, i'm calm. There's no drama, no fighting, no arguing and everybody is getting along.

Don't mind me, my emotions are everywhere. But anyway, the baby shower was great. I got a whole bunch of baby presents, plus some presents for me.

Thanks to Ki'loni, Morgan, Bree and Brooke. So we all had cake and then it was time to go. Everybody stayed to clean up, besides me, I just watched.