Falling For You

Kara sat on the couch opposite Lena's desk, waiting for the CEO to finish her paperwork. Kara watched in awe at the young Luthor, how she bit her lip when she was in deep thought, the way her eyes would light up when she figured something out or the quick glances she would send the Kryptonian's way when Lena thought she knew Kara wasn't looking. But, Kara was watching and she knew her cheeks were flaming by the time the CEO finally finished up on her work. It was almost midnight.

Kara hadn't left after she told Lena her true identity and neither of them had really spoken about it. Kara was unsure about how Lena really felt but she was sure the woman would have questions for her. She was just too scared to say anything to Lena, so instead she waited. Kara passed the time by finishing up her article and sending it to Snapper who replied with a short note, stating that he wanted it 'printed and ready to go next time' but was pleasantly surprised by her work. Kara smiled to herself once she read his message and made a reminder to print out her article next time.

Kara was engrossed in her computer work that she didn't notice the figure that walked over to her, until said figure sat down beside the reporter. Kara peeked up turning her head to face Lena, who had a somewhat serious expression on her face. "Lena," was all that came out of Kara's mouth. She wasn't sure what to expect from the Luthor, she just hoped it would be good.

"Ms Danvers." That's not a good start. She doesn't call me that unless it's serious. "I've been thinking about what you confessed and I.." Lena thought for a moment, unsure on how to convey her feelings. "I.. I need more time to think about it." Kara felt her whole world drop. She needs more time. Lena noticed the smile that faltered on Kara's face and she yearned to make it come back. But she was conflicted, Kara lied to her but she had also saved her. She needed time to weigh everything and come to a rational decision. Lena needed to push aside her feelings for the gorgeous blonde alien sitting right in front of her before she could choose what she wanted. Lena's drifted thoughts became blurry as Kara spoke up, her voice cracking.

"Do you think we will still be friends..?" Lena sighed looking down at her hands. They were shaking.

"I don't know Kara, I just don't know."

Lena didn't look up as the Kryptonian rushed out of the room, changing into her suit and flying out of the balcony of Lena's office. It crushed the CEO's heart, but she knew she had to take time to think about how she was going to move ahead, with the knowledge that her best friend that she had known for months now, had lied to her, about the biggest secret of all. Didn't she trust me..?

---------------

Kara tapped the window of her apartment softly as she saw Alex lying on the couch, with pizza and potstickers on the coffee table. Alex groaned and pulled herself off the couch and moved over to let Kara in. "You're lucky you just saved the President's life or I wouldn't have let you in." Alex smiled at her sister as she went to change out of her suit. "Come sit sweetie, you look tired."

Kara sighed and sat down beside Alex, her sister gently wrapping her arms around the Kryptonian. "Kara, did something happen?" Alex sensed Kara's distress as soon as she locked eyes with her by the window. I wonder if it had something to do with Lena.

"I- I.. I told L- Lena the truth.." Kara closed her eyes trying to stop the tears from flowing. "A- About me being S- Supergirl.." Alex nodded slowly, gently running her hand through Kara's wavy hair.

"What did she say?"

"She said s- she needed t- time to think.. What does she mean by that? Time to get up and leave?" Kara croaked out, giving into the waterfall that streamed down her cheeks. Alex tightened her grip around Kara, letting her cry into Alex's now damp shoulder.