I Didn't Know

"Shall we dance?" Lena asked holding out her hand. Kara placed her hand in Lena's as the CEO weaved her way through the crowded club, heading for the dance floor. "It's been a while since I've danced," Kara admitted, remembering her actions when she was under the influence of Red Kryptonite. It haunted the Super knowing how her anger could lead to her own and possibly everyone else's demise.

Lena stopped near the middle of the crowd, turning around to face the reporter. "Don't worry, I can't keep a beat but I do enjoy the music." Kara's eyes lit up. "Here, let me show you." Without thinking, Kara spun Lena so her back was up against Kara's chest. Kara positioned her hands on Lena's hips, swaying the CEO side-to-side.

Lena tensed up unsure of what to do. Kara leaned down, her breath tingling the side of Lena's neck. "Just relax Lena, listen to the bass. 1, 2. Can you hear it?" Lena nodded, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. She placed her hands on top of Kara's and followed the Super's lead. Eventually, Lena managed to get the hang of the rhythm, feeling herself enjoy the time she spent with Kara even more.

--------------------------

Kara's hands rested on Lena's hips as they both swayed to the music, the crowd pushing the two closer together. Lena wrapped her arms around Kara, smiling like a dope the whole time. This was perfect, this moment with Kara was exactly what she wanted for the rest of her life.

Kara could hear the Luthor's heart rate increase each time they got closer together. Her own heart was the same but she thanked the Gods that Lena couldn't feel her heart. The two danced for three more songs before walking over to the VIP side of the club. "Lena? Are you sure we are supposed to be here?"

Lena smirked, pulling out two golden tickets from her suit pocket. "Yes, I am friends with the owner." Kara blushed gently tugging against her Flash costume, wiping away sweat built up from the dancing. Lena linked their arms together, nodding at the bouncer who lifted the red rope. "Thank you."

Kara felt her cheeks grow red when Lena let go of her arm and elegantly sat herself down on the slick, grey couch. "Sit Ms. Danvers." Lena purred, her eyes darkening. Kara clumsily sat beside the CEO, breathing a sigh of relief as she pulled off the constricting mask. "Wow someone told me this was comfortable. Was he wrong."

Lena laughed placing her hand on Kara's. "Well we don't have to stay here for long."

"No no this is fun." Kara smiled and readjusted her glasses that were slightly wonky from the mask. Lena's hand hadn't moved away causing Kara's cheeks to become a light shade of pink. Lena felt her confidence grow so she slowly rubbed her thumb up and down Kara's hand. "Kara, I need to ask you something?" Although Lena had a smile on her face, Kara could see straight through her facade, but she waited to see what Lena had to say.

"Yeah Lena?"

"Kara, I-" Kara's phone went off, the theme song of Kim Possible blasting through her scarlet pants. Kara blushed as she struggled to pull her phone out. Lena chuckled, not at Kara but at how cute she was being.

"Hello? Yes, okay Alex. I'll be right there, hang on." Kara sighed looking up at Lena with sad eyes. "I have to go, Alex needs me." Lena stood up from the couch as she held Kara's hand. "Go, it's important." Kara felt her heart sink. "It is, I'm sorry." Before Lena could respond, Kara was gone.

Lena sighed, it wasn't the first time Kara would leave out of nowhere. There were times when she would get a phone call from her sister and have to leave. Having an FBI sister must be difficult. But there were a few times when things would not add up. It puzzled the young Luthor. Kara would disappear as soon as she heard danger, then come back and say that her sister needed help. It didn't make any sense.

"Something is not right." Unfortunately for Kara, the green-eyed woman fell victim to her curiosity.

------------------------

Kara felt like this alien had learnt how she fought, able to dodge every attack she made. The Valeronian smirked and landed a blow into Kara's torso, sending the Kryptonian flying, her back crashing through multiple walls. Kara heard Alex's voice through her earpiece. "Supergirl, she can be stopped the same way as your first fight against Vartox. Use your heat vision, I know you can do this."

Kara pushed herself off the ground and ran towards the alien. Using her super speed, Kara dodged the mid-attack from the Valeronian's war axe and countered with a strike to the head. "I won't let you harm anyone else." Kara continued with a one-two combo before gripping the alien's neck, ramming her against the wall. She used her heat vision to increase the temperature of the axe, which in retrospect, created a small explosion. The Valeronian fell to the ground unable to get back up. Kara quickly used the metal laying beside her to cuff the alien as to not repeat what happened the previous time. The female incarnation cackled as she was dragged away by the DEO. "You better watch out Supergirl, CADMUS is coming."

Kara shook her head and flew back to the DEO building. Alex was waiting for her and pulled Kara into a deep hug. "I'm glad you're safe, but we need to calculate CADMUS' next move in order to get ahead." Kara muttered a quick "yes" before walking over to J'onn who stood in the centre of the room. "Supergirl, the man who fell to Earth has awoken. He is asking for you." Kara furrowed her brow, staring at her boss confused. "How does he know about me?" J'onn pointed over at the screen to show the "space" man holding a TV remote in his hands. "He watches TV or is trying to."

Kara let out a long, deep audible breath as she plodded over to his room. Can this night end already? I just want to go home. Kara's feelings were beginning to get the better of her, she wanted to see Lena but almost every time, something or someone would interrupt them. Sometimes Kara felt lucky that she wasn't under the influence of Red Kryptonite, otherwise certain circumstances of anger would ensue. The man looked up at Kara and used his drop-dead smile in hopes of charming the blonde alien. Kara groaned internally but greeted him accordingly.

"I heard you were looking for me?" Mon-El nodded, setting the remote down onto the side table. "Yes, I wanted to meet the woman who was saving people's lives. I'm Mon-El by the way."

"Kara." She didn't mean to sound so blunt but she was mentally exhausted. Mon-El sat up in his bed, looking down at his legs. "You don't like me very much do you?" Kara rolled her eyes walking closer to him. "You are a Daxamite. Our planets didn't get along."

"Krypton, full of high and mighty snobs."

"Daxam. Full of slaves and frat boys." Kara growled but let in a deep breath to calm herself. Mon-El smirked and took a hold of his opportunity. "Goodbye your highness," he bowed and chuckled to himself, watching Kara burst out of the room, anger flowing through her. Alex reached out to Kara, only to have her hand swatted away. "I'm fine Alex. Can I please go home now? I just feel like sleeping." Alex sighed shooing her sister off before J'onn found out.

---------------------

Kara pulled off her suit and hung it up in the closet. She then put on her black track pants and a grey Supergirl shirt before laying down on the couch. Kara turned on the tv and watched a silent film for an hour before falling asleep.

"Kara, you are not mad at me." Cat Grant spoke, taking her glasses off her face. "You are angry at something else, pushed deep down inside you. Now you need to learn how to control this anger or you will make stupid decisions. Go to a kick boxing class, join a Broadway show, just sort out your frustrations." Kara eyed the wooden flooring and croaked out a quiet apology, then walked out of the room.

The dream ended when a quiet knock was heard from the door. Kara yawned thinking it was probably Alex, forgetting to check with her x-ray vision. She opened the door, slowly lifting her eyes to reveal the emerald-eyed woman who held her heart.

"Kara I wanted to say- Supergirl? I- uh- I didn't know. I should go." Kara didn't have time to react as she saw the young Luthor disappear out of the hallway. "L- Lena?"

----------------------