Those Eyes

Lena spent all afternoon shopping, searching for the perfect costume to wear. She wanted to impress Kara and make the young blonde flustered. Lena found it amusingly adorable when the reporter would readjust her glasses, though not needing to. She made sure to text Kara the details as soon as she left the "infirmary."

Lena: Hey Kara, meet me at L-Corp at shall we say 7pm? Then we can head over to the party, it's only a few blocks from there. x

Lena decided to add the kiss at the end but after staring at the text for almost a full five minutes, she backspaced it before pressing send. Kara replied almost instantly.

Kara: Okay great! I shall see you tonight. I'm sure your costume is going to be amazing, as always. x

Lena smiled to herself, feeling the colour of her cheeks rise to a light shade of pink. Time had passed excruciatingly slow for the young Luthor, her foot tapping up and down constantly. "Why must this day take so long?" She huffed shutting her computer, pulling up out of her seat. "It's only 6, I should go and begin to get ready. Jess!" Lena called out to her assistant who came rushing through the double doors almost two seconds later.

"Yes Ms. Luthor?"

"Would you use your key under your desk to unlock my shower stall and walk-in closet." Although it sounded like a question, Jess knew that Ms. Luthor was not asking but demanding. Lena smirked watching her assistant sprint in her heels to unlock the shower and closet for her. Lena muttered a quiet "thank you" while she picked up her costume from the couch and headed towards the shower.

-------------------

Meanwhile, Kara had been thinking of a certain green-eyed beauty and what she would be dressed as. Her mind wandered off to picturing Lena in other outfits, butterflies pushing deep into the Kryptonian's stomach. I need to stop thinking like this, Lena doesn't like me. I have to stop. What Kara didn't know was that during Lena's shower, she too was thinking of Kara in a certain way.

After a few moments, she jumped up, eyes widening. What should I wear? I have no idea what to dress as. Kara had to think for almost ten minutes, until a certain scarlet speedster blurred through her mind.

---------------------------------------

Lena was resting against the couch checking her phone every few minutes. It was 18:56 and Kara wasn't here yet and she wondered where her friend was. Kara was flying through the city in her costume, annoyed that yet another alien had attempted an escape from the DEO. "Crap! I hope I can make it in time." Luckily for Kara, she managed to reach L-Corp with 3 minutes to spare. Kara sped past Jess a little too quickly, almost flying the paper off the assistant's desk.

"Hi Jess!" was all that Lena heard before Kara burst through the double doors, trying to splutter out words that were almost incomprehensible. "L-Lena! Hihowareyou? IamsosorrythatIwaslateIgotcaughtupatworkbutI'mherenow!" Lena laughed quietly, slowly putting the rambling words together. "Hey Kara! No it's okay, you made it just on time." Kara blushed staring at the young Luthor. Kara was surprised to say the least, finally knowing someone other than Cat and Alex who understood Karanese. Her odd thoughts came to a halt as she took in the woman before her.

Gorgeous. Lena was wearing a Catwoman outfit, the slick leather perfectly wrapped around her whole body, with the zipper pushed down low allowing a full view of the CEO's chest. Lena had her hair in a tight ponytail with a black eye mask. Kara couldn't help herself, she oggled at the young Luthor, her blue eye's landing on Lena's chest. Lena's eyes roamed Kara's body, smirking as she saw the reporter in The Flash's costume. Kara had gone to Earth-1 and asked Barry if he could make her a female version of his suit, him happily obliging. "Why thank you Ms. Danvers, you look phenomenal yourself."

"I- uh- I-" Kara reached down, taking Lena's hand in hers. "Let's go to the party." Before Lena could react, the two were already in the elevator. Lena's cheeks burned up at the warm feeling of her's and Kara's hands together. "So where is this party?" Kara asked sweetly, enjoying the closeness between the two.

"It's actually this new club that one of my college friends owns. He was originally going to have the party at his house but plans changed when he bought the building." Kara nodded not letting go of Lena's hand as they walked out of L-Corp, all eyes on them. Lena could see them gawking, but she couldn't care less. This was her night with Kara. Her friend.

She also noticed that Kara was not-so-subtly eyeing at her as they walked, though surprisingly not falling over. "Kara? You're staring." Lena whispered with a small smile reaching her strong features. Kara blinked a few times turning her head back to the sidewalk. "Oh, I- I didn't know you liked Catwoman? That is definitely something I didn't know about you." Lena did spot Kara glance back at her, her eyes wandering down below her neck as she bit her lip.

"There's a lot you don't know about me Ms. Danvers." Lena purred, Kara's eyes flicking back up to meet the Luthor's emerald eyes. "I- I would l-like to know more about you." Kara's words got caught in her throat as she struggled to continue. "W- w- we should hang out more, especially since we are friends."

The word friends didn't feel right coming out of Kara's mouth. She immediately felt her heartstrings being pulled, knowing what she said was not the right word. But she couldn't let Lena get too close to her. She had to protect her and if Lena were to know her she really was, then it could put both her and Lena in more danger than before.

Lena on the other hand, felt her heart sink, letting her hand fall out Kara's and came to a halt. Of course, I should've known Kara was only coming as a friend. I did ask her as a friend but I thought maybe there could be more between us. Kara stopped walking and turned around, curiously looking over at the young CEO. "Lena? Are you okay?"

Lena regained her posture, plastering a fake smile on her face and walked back up to Kara. "Yes yes Kara, my feet are just a little sore since I didn't have time to wear these heels in." Though she didn't tell Kara the truth, it was a real reason for stopping. Her feet were killing her. Kara thought for a moment before gently sliding her hand back into Lena's, looking deep into her eyes. I wish I could tell you how breathtaking your eyes are and how it reminds me of Kryptonite. You make me weak, I love it.

"Lena, are you sure? You may have smiled but I can see something is bothering you." Lena sighed gazing down at their once again mended hands. "I think I am still a bit shook up from the accident."

"Lena you should've told me, we don't have to go to this party. If you want we can head back to my pl-" Lena cut her off, catching a glimpse of the club ahead. "Kara, I want to dance with you so, shall we?" Her voice beamed confidence and something else that shook Kara to the core. She blushed for what seemed like the 50th time, pushing her glasses back up.

"O- Okay come on, I hope they have good music at this place." Lena nodded, pulling the two towards the club.

-------------------------

Hey guys, sorry for this chapter being short. I honestly had writer's block and also I have been so busy uh playing games uh. Anyway, look I will make the next chapter longer and better than this. But yes, I hope you enjoyed seeing Kara and Lena interact more. See you next time. Oh and if anyone wants to play PS, lemme know.