Hit Me With Your Best Shot

"She was the target."

Kara headed back to CatCo with Clark to perhaps help the DEO in finding out who was behind the attack. "If Lena wasn't the one behind the explosion, we need to find out who they are before anyone else gets hurt." Clark nodded, though still unsure on his opinion of the young Luthor. "I suppose you're right, but I still don't trust her. That building reeked of evil."

As Kara and Clark walked out of the elevator, they were greeted by James. He wore a dark purple shirt with a complimenting black tie and suit pants. He smiled and man-hugged Kal. Clark laughed as he hugged back. "Jimmy, good to see you man."

"Yeah long time Clark. How have you been?" The two separated and walked along the office with Kara following behind them. "I've been great, everything has been great."

Kara stopped listening to the two friends chatting when she noticed her boss Cat Grant pointing at her to come into her office, with extreme haste. Kara muttered a quick "excuse me" as she hurried over to the CEO. "Yes Miss. Grant?" Cat scurried to fit her heels, using one hand to grip Kara's shoulders to keep her balance.

"You didn't tell me you knew Clark Kent?" Kara rolled her eyes. "Yes, James and Ka- Clark have been friends for years." Cat was too busy swooning over Clark from ten feet away to bother listening to Kara's answer. "Is there anything in my teeth?" Kara sighed and shook her head no before Cat started strutting out of her office straight towards Clark, making sure to sway her hips for effect.

"Clark Kent, as I live and breathe. I see you still look just as dashing as when we last met." Clark smiled holding his bag closer with his hand. "Yes Miss. Grant, long time."

"No fault of mine. So, are you still together with Lois Lane? Or did that fizzle out like I thought it would." Cat winked subtly at the now somewhat flustered man, "no one sent me my $20."

"No, Lois and I are still going strong." Cat's eyes widened slightly, her mouth opening an extra inch. "Oh, so shes still not hung up over Superman?" He laughed lightly, "I guess you could say she ruined her life for the both of us." Cat reached over and took his arm in hers. "Well that's modern, Perry White shouldn't have let you go. I might just poach you." She began to walk away with Clark in her arm. Clark turned his head and winked, "sway," causing Kara to giggle quietly.

As Clark and Cat were out of sight, James faced Kara with an unsure expression. Kara stared back completely confused until-

She rushed out her apology as quick as she could. "Oh my god I completely forgot to come back to our date last night! I am so sorry, the DEO had a massive breakthrough regarding Luthor Corp and the CEO Lena." James' unsure expression cracked into a smile as he hugged his potential love interest. Kara melted into his embrace at first but then felt cold. Something felt off about this. She couldn't pinpoint it at the time, but the hug didn't give her the same feeling it did when they first met...

Kara was about to re-arrange a second date with James when Alex's name popped up on her screen. "I should take this, it could be important."

"Of course, take it Kara. Let's go out for dinner tomorrow night at let's say 7pm? I have some exciting and sad news." Kara nodded quickly before dashing towards the elevator, pressing her phone to her head. "Hey Alex, what's up? Yes, yes, I'll be right there." Kara put her phone into her pocket as she entered the elevator, hitting the top floor. Kara ripped her blue blouse open to reveal the significant 'S' once the gold elevator doors opened.

Kara flew back to the DEO, making sure to stop by at Alex's favourite food stand along the way. It did cause her to arrive a few minutes later than normally expected, but all was forgiven when Alex immediately dug into her food. "Oh thank you Kara, you are literally the best sister right now." Kara giggled to herself, not noticing J'onn clicking his fingers to get the Danver's girls attention.