thirteen

×Karson×

It's been a month since I told Kellin about Keliez. Since then, he met Keliez and her dad. Her dad is happy to see how Kellin is with me so that makes Keliez happy, no matter how much she wants to deny it. Today, Ashton and I were going out to tag some walls. Kellin thinks I'm just going to the park with a few of the 'good' friends I've made.

I finished getting dressed in black leggings, black sleeping with sirens tank, three different bracelets, and put my hair up into messy bun. I wrapped a black bandanna and tied it.

I swing the drawstring bag with snacks onto my back and grabbed my phone and keys.

"Oh hey Kells, I'm leaving now Sooo.."

Kellin nodded and gave me a hug, telling me to have fun and to be back by one. It was 11:30 now.

I walked to the park and met with Ashton. His eyes lit up when he saw me and I smiled.

"Hey baby!" He called and I hugged him tightly.

"Snacks?"

"Spray paint?"

"Check"

"And check"

We left the park, intertwining our hands and walking down the street. We got into the downtown part and ran in between two brick buildings. I went for a bigger design and decided to start at the top. I got on Ashton's shoulders and started the design.

~time skip~

I was putting the final details on my design when I froze, hearing the familiar noise of a police car.

"Ash" I whispered, holding onto his hand for comfort.

"Calm down, babe. It's okay. We've been brought in for vandalism before."

"Yeah but before Keliez got us out of it, now she's seven months pregnant and Kellin Quinn is my adoptive dad. Well, I'll see you when I get back from the orphanage."

Ashton sighed as the office made his way over to us.

"Again, guys? Come on, Kar you need me to call the orphanage?"

"Uh, actually I was adopted by Kellin Quinn so..."

"You know the drill"

The officer, Michael, cuffed us and sat us in the back seat of the car. He drove to the station and I gave him Kellin's number. Ashton gave them his dad's number, seeing as his dad didn't care that much.

When Kellin got there, Vic was with him. Huh, weird.

"Karson? What the hell did you do?" Kellin asked, anger still in his voice. I flinched a little and hung my head.

Ashton had already left.

"She was brought in for Vandalism." Michael said, walking over to Kellin with a smile.

"So, you adopted her?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You are aware of her past offences, right?"

"Past offences? Karson?"

I kept silent, playing with my hands, which were still cuffed but in front of me.

"She's been brought it in for vandalism, theft, and public harassment." Michael listed off and I could feel Kellin's anger building up.

Kellin must have signed the papers because I was being uncuffed. I rubbed my sore wrists and finally looked at Kellin. He avoided eye contact as we walked out to the car along with Vic. I got in the back, buckling up and was content with staring out the window when Kellin started in on me.

He lectured me for about an hour before starting the car and driving home. I didn't even pay attention to anything he was saying. We got back to the house and I sighed, getting out and going up to the room that I had for a few months. I looked at all the different pictures I had on the walls and decided to start taking them down, telling myself to add them to the shoebox later. I was taking my clothes from the closet when someone walked into my room, it was Katelynne.

"Karson? What are you, sweetie?"

"Packing my stuff. I might as well do of now than wait until we leave to take me back" I say shrugging my shoulders as I unzip a bag.

"Back? Where? The orphanage?" I nodded, continuing with my de-clothing the closet. 

"Oh, Kar, we'd never take you back there!"

I stopped what I was doing and looked over at Katelynne.

"Yes you are. I can't stay in a home because I always get caught with something stupid and no one wants to keep track of an irresponsible, rebellious, reckless teenage girl who doesn't like change and has daddy issues. No one wants to keep the girl who smokes at the age of 14 and who goes out with her friends in the middle of the night to steal worthless shit from a gas station only to run from the police. No one can keep the girl with a criminal record because it ruins everything for them. All because the girl slips up when her friends are gone because she doesn't have anyone who taught her right from wrong." I finish, turning away from Katelynne with teary eyes.

I hated being the way I am, I despised it. I thought I finally had a shot at having a family, one full of people who actually gave a shit about me, people who would pick me up when I was down and people who would comfort me when I fucked up.

"Karson, we aren't taking you back, not ever"

I looked over my shoulder to Kellin, silently asking with my eyes if he meant it. Kellin nodded and opened his arms for an embrace. I smiled and quickly took that embrace, feeling happy yet stupid at the same time.

I hate all this sappy stuff but I guess I needed it.

"You're still grounded for three weeks."

I pulled away from the hug and shrugged, putting my stuff away.

"Wait, seriously? No argument?"

I shrugged again, zipping the bag back up and pushing it under my bed a little.

"I need some time here anyways"

Kellin gave me the grounding

3 weeks of staying at home and I had to give him my phone and laptop.

I had seen this coming so I had deleted Ashton and I's conversations, took out my SD card, and deleted screenshots of our conversations.

Knowing Kellin, he'd probably flip if he found out about me dating. Especially someone almost two years older than me.

Once Kellin and Katelynne left my room, I taped the pictures back up in their rightful places and hid the SD card.

I quickly changed into pyjamas and lied on my bed, staring at my ceiling in thought.

Maybe I'll actually have a family for once...

My eyes dropped as I slowly but surely fell to sleep.

A/n: yes you finally have an update after five million years.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I'll try to be more frequent in updating but no guarantees.

Enjoy the picture of my cats stupid face