Epilogue

I'm dedicating this last part to everyone who has stuck with me thoughtout this story. You guys are amazing!

Epilogue

"Eros, you better have a damn good reason for-"

"Surprise!" the crowd cheered from every corner of Eros's home. Aubrey's cheeks paled as she stared back at her enormous deity family.

"Happy Birthday!" Psyche said as she pulled Aubrey into a warm hug. "Now I know last weekend was your actual birthday. Eros said it was reserved for your human family, but twenty-five is the peak for a full blooded deity and I just couldn't resist."

Eros took his place next to his wife. "You wouldn't believe how excited she got when I told her she could throw you a party."

"Don't hog the guest of honor!" Apollo said as he stepped into the center of their small circle. With a sly smirk, he handed her a large gold chalice overflowing with red wine. "Cheers!"

"Dion?" she asked. Ever since the annual feast, she was dying for another taste of his delicious brew.

"Who else? He made a special concoction just for the occasion."

Aubrey slurped greedily as she followed him to join the rest of the party. "Remind me to thank him later."

"The sooner the better." Psyche giggled beside them. "Or he will be too drunk to remember."

Aubrey laughed as she looked around the rooms full of guests. It was such a long time since she felt this happy. After returning from her brush with the Fates, she was too depressed to socialize. Eros had to practically drag her into The Golden Arrow. He was the only one who knew she hid away in Damien's apartment. Surprisingly, her brother was beginning to warm up to Morgan who was becoming more of a friend every day.

Aubrey wished she could say the same for the rest of the deities. Despite Damien caring for her every need, her deity family refused to see dragons and witches as anything but cursed. Aubrey wasn't ready to deal with that just yet. She was finally healing from losing her best friend.

Aubrey floated from room to room, chatting happily with everyone. She was surprised by how much she was enjoying herself, but the greater shock came when she saw a familiar figure talking with Timor. Turning to Apollo, she asked, "Ares came?"

"Yes." Apollo chuckled. "Aphrodite asked him to come, and when he refused, she brought Adonis."

Aubrey's jaw dropped as she followed Apollo's finger to where Aphrodite noticeably flirted with a group of men across the room. Adonis was glued to her side like a star struck lover.

"Ohhh," Aubrey cooed. "Do you think we'll get to see a fight?"

"One can only hope."

Aubrey should have been be angry with her birth mother for disappearing on everyone, but after she broke down in Aphrodite's arms things changed. Their conversation on that awful day replayed in her mind.

"Why did you leave?" Aubrey cried between sobs.

"I had to. No one but Eros knew I placed you with a human family. For years, they searched for me thinking I'd never keep you from my sight. I had to go to the one place no one would ever look. It was the only way. I never thought Persephone would trap me for her own selfish gain. I'm sorry, Aubrey."

From that day, Aubrey held a little more respect of the deity of love. They were by no means close the way she was with her human mother, Harriett, but respect was a good place to start.