Part Thirty-One

[A/N]: After many death threats... this chapter is dedicated to LarryShippinTheTruth for the multimedia! :D

Harry's heart felt as if it could bust into a tiny million pieces all over the sitting room in the magistrates court. He moved to run towards the sobbing boy, because he had to know, but his mother caught his shirt as well as already having a grip on his wrist, "Wait and see if they notice you Harry, you aren't supposed to be here."

"But-" Harry spluttered desperately, his throat feeling as if it was closing up. "He's crying!"

"I know..." she said softly. "We'll just have to see. I'm sorry."

Harry stared as hard as he could at the sobbing boy, wanting to just yell out his name. But if Louis looked, the guards would look, and it couldn't be found out that Harry was there. Jay was too preoccupied with following the guards to pay any attention elsewhere, and the guards on both side of Louis blocked Louis from view once they were directly across the room from Harry and Anne. And then much to Harry's dismay, they were walking out of the magistrate's court house, and Jay hurried out after them.

"They couldn't have..." Harry croaked.

Agent Murs was flipping through a folder, his brow furrowed, as he walked out from the hall, and Harry would have rushed him as well if it weren't for his mother's hands holding onto him, "Shh..."

Olly left the building as well, and then Harry was rushing out as well, pulling free from his mother's hands, "I told him I would be outside. He probably looked for me outside and I wasn't there!"

The camera crews were already leaving, proving that Louis was already gone as well. Harry stood at the top of the steps, feeling all hope drain completely from his body. They hadn't gotten Louis house arrest. He just knew it. Louis had been so scared, and Harry had almost completely promised him that he would be okay and wouldn't have to go to jail. Yet, he'd failed Louis, he'd basically lied right to Louis' face like he actually knew what the hell he was talking about.

"Harry," his mother said gently, taking him by the crook of his good arm. "C'mon. We can go to the bureau and you can find Agent Murs."

"Did they have him in handcuffs?" Harry wheezed.

"Um..." she sucked in a deep breath. "Yeah. Yeah, I think they did. Behind his back. I saw them when they went out of the building."

And Harry cracked slightly, "Damn it..."

His mother put a hand on his lower back, carefully leading him away from the cameras and back towards the car, "I know."

Harry allowed Anne to lead him across the streets, his legs basically refusing to work. When they reached the car, he shakily slipped into the passenger seat. In the front floorboard, since Jay had earlier been in the passenger seat, was Louis' bag of clothes, and on the top of the pile was the stuffed egg Harry had gotten him.

Anne climbed into the car, glancing over at Harry as he pulled the stuffed egg from the bag with trembling hands. He stared at the egg in his shaking hands for a few moments, and then he felt himself crumbling completely, "I lied to my Shakira..."

"You didn't," his mother reached over and touched his trembling hands. "You didn't do anything, you told him it would be alright, and it's going to be. You said that no matter what happened that it was going to be okay."

"I can't know that," Harry sniffled, pressing his face into the stuffed toy. It'd been quite some time since he'd cried in front of his mother, but he couldn't even be bothered by it. "If I can't see him in prison-"