Chapter twenty

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I've been super busy lately and I've been having some writers block. I've been trying to add things to make the story longer but it's not working so well. Also I didn't mean I'd be ending the story straight away I just meant in the next four chapters or so. Anyways comment and vote and let me know your thoughts! 

Chapter twenty

Half of our summer has passed and I’m not sure what I’ve been wasting it on. Fighting with my friends and family, bouncing between two wonderful guys. I should have figured everything out a long time ago.

I wasn’t sure how long I had been in the longer, but it was long enough to come up with two scenarios.

His hands got caught in my hair as he kissed me harder. Our tongues danced together and he shoved me up against the wall.

My fingernails scraped down his bare back and he lifted me up to wrap my legs around his waist.

He kissed a trail down to my neck and then froze.

“You’ve been smoking.” He said pulling away from me.

I sighed as he set me down and took a step away from me. “I smoked once today, ok? It’s not that big of a deal.”

“Lissa!” Jace shouted at me. “You promised you’d stop! You said you were done with drugs a long time ago.”

“I promised a lot of things that I never did!” I screamed back him.

He raked his hands through his hair and started pacing. “Drugs aren’t good for you, Lissa. You need to stop.”

“You can’t control my life.” I snapped.

“I won’t be with you if you’re too high to remember any of it.”

“Then maybe I’ll go back with Trey.” I snapped.

I thought I heard someone call my name and it brought me back to the present.

If I was with Jace some part of me thought he would always disapprove of me. Even if it was some minor detail and that made me nervous. Another part of me thought that if we ever fought I could fall back on Trey to make Jace jealous or to stop me from falling. Although I could continue to go back to Jace after everything had been figured out.

Not only did I not have the time to think of a scenario for what would happen if I chose Trey, but it also would never have been as good as what really happened.

“Lissa, what are you doing?” He laughed as if I was ridiculous.

“Come out here!” I said smiling. “Come swim with me.”

“Why?” He asked even though he kicked his shoes off and tossed his shirt aside.

He swam out to me, jeans and all. Once he was close enough, I whispered, “Because it’s you.”

“What?” Trey managed to say before a wave crashed into us causing me to be pushed into his arms. He staggered backwards and we both started laughing. “What did you say?” He asked quietly while pushing my wet hair behind my ear.

“I said ‘it’s you’.”

He pulled my face to his and our lips met.

The world stopped.

The waves rocked us and his lips tasted like heaven.

He pulled away from me and looked me in the eye and his blue ones shined brighter then I had ever seen them. “What made you change your mind?”