Chapter ten

Sorry for taking so long guys but here's an update, I just started working so I won't be able to upload super fast, but I'll still try. Hope you enjoy this chapter! Comment and vote to let me know your thoughts.

Chapter ten

I pulled away from him and nearly yanked some of my hair out in the process. I brushed my fingers across my lips before dropping my hand back into my lap as my mouth fell open in shock. “I can’t believe you just did that!” I yelled at him.

“Thanks for coming to my rescue, Lissa,” He said smirking at me. “I really appreciate it.”

I smacked his shoulder and he groaned which reminded me that he had just been catapulted off a skateboard. “Are you ok?” I asked getting worried again.

He tried sitting up before letting himself fall back in the grass making him groan in protest again. “Sure.”

“You hit that tree really hard…” I stated.

“I’ll be fine,” He insisted.

“Just let me look at your ribs,” I said pushing away his hands and lifting up his t-shirt gingerly. His side was red and I was positive it was already bruising. “Should we get you x-rayed?” I asked looking up at him.

“I’ll be fine,” He said but he still winced when my fingers touched his side. I also noticed his arms were covered in scrapes and I didn’t doubt that his legs probably looked about the same.

Jace pulled up and threw open the passenger door as he leaned across the seats.

I carefully pulled Trey to his feet and tried to put him in the car as painlessly as possible. He made sounds that proved he was still hurt. I climbed in the back after I closed his door for him and Jace sped off towards the house.

We got Trey a doctor’s appointment for the next day and Zalee walked in hearing the end of the conversation.

Jace explained what happened and Zalee shook her head. “You’re an idiot.”

“Hey,” Trey said faking being appalled. “I could be dying and you just insulted me.”

She looked him up and down. “You don’t look like you’re dying.”

“Can we not talk about Trey dying?” I asked before throwing one of the couch pillows at Zalee.

She swatted it away before smirking at me, “He’s fine.”

“For now,” I mumbled before walking up the stairs.

**************

The next day after Jace and Trey got back from the doctors Zalee and I were making pasta for dinner. We had just served everyone a plate when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it,” I said heading towards the door. I stopped when I watched Trey just pushing his pasta around his plate. “Ok, you may not have any cracked ribs but you still have to eat,” I said pointing my finger at him.

Luckily he only had some deep bruising and some minor scratches. Although he did have to get four stitches on his left arm and he had some pain killers that he had to take twice a day for a week, but other than that he was basically fine.

I continued on to the door when the doorbell rang again. I opened the door to see Dean with his hands shoved in his pockets. “Hey,” he smiled. “Want to go on a walk down the beach?”

“I would,” I started as his smile disappeared. “But…I’m kind of in the middle of dinner with my friends.”

“What about after dinner?” He offered.