Chapter six

Good news! My computers working again! And I got a hold of some wifi! So here's another upload, hope you guys enjoy it. :) 

Comment and vote to let me know your thoughts!

Chapter six

I wanted to go outside today and possibly look for shells or just have some alone time, but there was only one problem.

It was pouring rain outside and the last place I had seen a rain jacket was in my closet. I opened the door and hoped I could find it somewhere. I was about to give up when I saw the black rain proof material on the top shelf. I pulled out the jacket that I thought was long lost and a book fell out with it, crushing my foot.

I groaned and ground my teeth together. I picked up the book realizing it was an old scrap book.

I walked over to my bed and sat down while starting to flip through the pages. They were pictures of mom and dad back in high school.

I saw what looked like screen shots of mom dancing, her professional cheerleading photos, some photo booth strips of mom, Kalina, and Hailey. I saw a picture of what looked like Kalina and mom at a concert, and newspaper clipping of them crowd surfing.

They used to be cool?

There was an old polaroid picture of mom and dad kissing in someone’s back yard, and then another of them just smiling at the camera. They looked happy, and they looked like they were my age.

There was a picture of dad flexing his bicep when he looked like he was nineteen; he was showing off the tattoo that said ‘Zoe’. He got that right after his sister died, she would’ve been my aunt but unfortunately I’d never had the chance to meet her. My parents told me stories and even though she was nine when she passed away, I imagined that she would’ve been a good aunt.

I continued looking through the rest of the pictures and I found their homecoming pictures and I think I found prom pictures of mom and Nate.

“No way,” I breathed.

“What?” Trey said stopping in the doorway.

“I think I just found prom pictures where are parents were dates.”

“What?” He asked laughing and coming to sit next to me. “Not uh?”

Yeah, look,” I said showing him the pictures.

“Our parents?” He asked scrunching his nose. “Gross.”

We both laughed before I sighed, “That must have been a mess.”

“Well, I’m glad our parents didn’t end up together…then we’d be siblings,” He said smiling at me.

“Um, actually,” I said laughing, “We probably would never have been born.”

“Same thing,” He said shrugging and waving my comment away.

“Not really,” I laughed again.

He flipped the page and there was a picture of his dad, my parents, Kalina, Brad, Hailey, and Zane all standing on the beach of the vacation house. “That must have been the first time they came here,” Trey said under his breath.

“My mom has an engagement ring on,” I mumbled while scrunching my eyebrows and leaning closer to get another look.

“So?” He said looking down at me.

“So she got this house as a graduation gift,” I said as if it was obvious.

“Point being?” He asked wanting me to get straight to the point.