Lonely Maniacs

So, I did a thing. I know most of the stuff here are poems, but c'mon, one little chapter won't do much harm. What you are about to read now is a little concept I got from a game. Enjoy!

The wind was howling, like a dying wolf. The skies were pouring down, as if crying blood.

He stood there. In the middle of the road, knife in hand. Alone. Hopeless. Emotionless.

No longer was he shook by the chills up his spine. No longer was the fazed by the sight of his friends' blood. No longer did he want justice. No longer did he want revenge. No longer did he care.

Yet, knowing he couldn't afford not to, he stood there, knife in hand. Alone. Hopeless. I n  h e r  w a y .

He saw her, the demon disguised as a human, the wolf in sheep's clothing.
He should have known earlier. He should have done this earlier. But he didn't. He should have felt afraid, he should have felt angry, he should felt vengeful. Be he didn't. He felt empty.

She was getting closer.

There was erie quite. No life for miles... except for him and her... But he knew for a fact she didn't have a soul, and he wasn't sure if he could feel his either.

She reached in front of him, and stopped, and smiled.

Unlike his knife, here's was soaked in the blood of his friends.

He wanted to ask 'Why'. He wanted to know what made her take his world away. But he didn't.

Instead he charged. So did she.

He swung, she dodged. She swing, he blocked. He felt nothing.
He kicked, she jumped. She thrusted forward, he backed up. He felt nothing.

Normally he would hear some sort of song or the sound of his friends cheering him on as he fought.

But today, he felt nothing.

They clashed back and forth, equals in battle. As she laughed, he felt nothing.

Suddenly she swung, and he wasn't fast enough.

His knees buckled as blood trickled down from his stomach. She pulled out the knife and smiled as he struggled.

But he knew it couldn't end like this. He knew he couldn't give up. Suddenly he felt again. And he heard a song again. A song sung by all the people rooting for him. A song sung by his friends, who, even after death, were right beside him. He felt their power. He felt their kindness. He felt their anger. He felt their determination.
He won't give up! He will avenge them! H E  W I L L  S E R V E  J U S T I C E !

Her smile faded as he got back up, with an expression of insanity on his face. He attacked. This time he gave it his all.

He felt everything. The maniacal joy of a battle to the death. The sadistic pleasure of trying to slay the one who ruined him. The relieving joy of finally being able to give it his all.
He felt invincible. He was going to end this right here, right now.
He could see her regretting her decisions. He could feel her being weighed down by her sins. The tables had turned. With every drop of blood that slipped from her now numerous wounds, he got stronger and she got weaker.

And soon she was lying on the ground before him, helpless as he once was. She begged for his mercy. His gaze pierced into her's as he said "I bet they begged too."

And with one last blow, it was over.

He crumpled, exhilarated from battle, crying with relief. He had won. But he had been scarred. The voices of his friends were no longer with him. He was alone.

-sg