"Mortals can't see when the heaven gates tear open or when an angel falls" he tells me with certainty and I feel cold sweat run down my backbone.

A loud cackle of laughter breaks me from my stupor and I will my feet to move towards my locker while my eyes hopscotch through the crowd in search of messy dark hair and electric blue eyes. When I reach towards my class I finally spot Leo pressed against a tall red hair girl in the crook of the walls between the lockers and the classroom door. On an impulse I grab the girls hand and yank her back. Leo looks shocked and irritated but also mused by my actions whilst the girl starts yelling at me. I go deaf on her though and give my full attention to Leo. A smirk starts forming on his face but I don't let him have the satisfaction of teasing me.

"After school wait for me outside we need to go somewhere" I simply put it there and walk off towards my class not giving him a chance to say anything.

•~*~•

The time was moving at snail speed and the classes were passing by in a blur. Throughout the whole lunch Leo had been staring at me and I pretended not noticing it. I can easily tell him why, what and where but I am afraid he might refuse to help and so I decide to keep him in shadows for a little while.
My eyes move pass the board to the clock hanging above it.

25 minutes more.

My phone vibrates besides me. I open the screen and read the text twice.

Leo: I am in the parking lot.
you have 5 minutes to come outside or forget it.

Without wasting a minute to think about it I hastily pack by bag and getting out of my desk, I walk straight towards the door with my head bowed down.
Mr. Jones tries to stop me but I mumble, "Girl problem emergency" and rush out of the class and jog a little to reach Leo.

Mildly huffing I make it to the parking lot where he is elegantly leaning against his car. A pleased smile forms on his face when he sees me walk up to him.

"Couldn't you wait few more minutes?" I ask in irritation and he shrugs. His eyes then gleam with mischievousness but they are looking at something above my head.

"Do you know what your friend is up to over there" he nods his head in the direction above my head, I turn around and look up at the school roof, my jaw dropping open. Sara is on the roof doing something but its hard to make out what exactly from the ground.

"What the hell is she-" I pull out my phone from my back pocket and immediately call her.

"This is going to be interesting" Leo comments from besides me and leans back on his car, his eyes glued to Sara.

"Hey banana" Sara pics up on the third ring.

"What are you doing?" I ask her with a blank tone knowing she would lie the first time.

"Working on the bio paper" she bluntly lies proving me right and I puff out an air in frustration.

"On the roof of our school?" I confront her and watch as Sara stands up straight and starts looking around from up there.

"Hi Rose" she waves her hand from roof when she spots me in the parking lot. Leo chuckles and raises his hand to wave back.

"What are you doing with him?" she inquires and I wave it off.

"That’s not important what are you doing up there Sara?" I ask again, this time with my voice slightly raised.

"I am hiding Principal's favourite trophies up here. That's what he gets for giving me another detention" she replies nonchalantly, then cuts the call. I face palm myself and Leo breaks into a laugh. Knowing Sara, there was nothing I could do to get her to change her mind so I just drop it and turn back to Leo.

"That friend of yours is very interesting" he smirks and I start shaking my head.

"No! You stay away from her" I hiss at him.

"Why because I am an angel of hell?" He quirks up a brow. Clearly enjoying seeing me on edge.

"That’s exactly why" I say and walk past him to the passenger side of the car. If I am to be surrounded by Angels then the heaven needs to send me another version of one who wouldn't lie, gloat or hunt me down.

"You are racists!" he mocks as he gets in the car and I roll my eyes.

"Where are we going?" He inquires as he starts his car.

"Wrightwood" I say in a monotone voice not saying anything more.

He wheels the car out of school property and looks at me through his peripheral vision.

"And why?" He arches up his brows in confusion.

I watch the trees, shrubs, building, cafés all pass by in hazy scenes. Relieving yesterday night in my head and tracing the vivid  memory of the first night that changed my life. When I saw Arakh fall from the sky.

"Mortals can't see when the heaven gates tear open or when an angel falls"

I meet eyes with Leo who was patiently waiting for me to tell him the reason.

"Because Leo" I take a deep breath and gulp to force the next words out of my mouth.

_•>~°~<•_•>~°~<•_

The late night conversation with Rezekeil is really proving to be an eye opener wouldn't you agree?
There is still so much to find out. About Arakh, Leo, Rezekiel, Rose and...oh well.
Until next time!

~N~