Chapter 23

"I don't care if you are an angel, but you are still a jerk" I huff crossing my arms and leaning back in the car seat.

For past thirty minutes I have been trying to convince Leo and Arakh to tell me about this secret mission that they have been working on together but they keep shushing me out.

I have been in a blank loop for days now not knowing what it is that they are trying to find.
In the mean time I have been trying to peace together the importance of my involvement into their matter along with my connection and reason for being at the centre of it, all by myself.
The original reason for Arakh being on earth was to find out who stole the sword and where it is yet somehow I become more important than finding the sword.

With everything that has happen- since the day I saw Arakh fall-looking back at it, even has me somewhat convinced that I might have some huge role into all this but that doesn't mean I am ready to accept it yet. I just want to be left out of it all but obviously that is not going to happen anytime soon seeing as I have unexpectedly gotten freaking glowing eyes.

Sighing, I slide the cheap black goggles that Leo picked up from a random drug store; for the fifth time to catch a glimpse of my eyes in the rear view mirror. They are still glowing the same bright golden color. With shaky hands I push the goggle up my nose bridge covering them up again.

I don't know what I should have been expecting. I mean sure I knew that kissing an angel would be monumental and beyond anything I might experience but I did not expect to have Edward Cullen eyes as a side effect.
On top of it, the fact that neither one of them knows the reason to why I suddenly have golden fire eyes or how to make it stop freaks me out.

I run my hands through my hair in frustration. My mind involenterily recalling all that I have been through. Arakh falling, the unexplained accident that either of the guys know about, getting chased by the shadow warriors-whose name I still can't pronounce, going to hell, finding out I have a Nephilim blood and then my grandmother dies, I walk through the hell fire, kiss an angel and now have fire eyes.

"Jeez fine we will tell you later can you please stop shaking like you are having a seizer?" Leo dead paned from behind the wheel.

"Leorakh" Arakh warns him but he just rolls his eyes.

Arakh turns around and takes my hand but I involuntarily flinch and pull my hands away. I quickly give him a reassuring smile though, to not make him feel bad but I just can not bare being touched right now.

My feelings are all over the place. All I want to do is coil into myself and wish to go invisible.

---- •°• ----

I lean closer to the mirror and watch my eyes keenly. I can see the bright golden light in my eyes move, almost flicker like flames. For a moment it seems like the flames are growing, reaching out, becoming a shade darker. I can almost feel a lick of warmness on my lashes as a single flame touches it trying to get out.

"Rose" a high pitched voice comes from outside my door followed by a knock making me jump.

I place a hand on my heart, trying to reign on its violent beating.
I look back in the mirror and the flickering flams inside my eyes seem same as before as I don't see them trying to come out like I did a minute ago but for some reason they seem a darker shade of gold now, like bronze.

"Um..Rose you in there? Its..its me um...Irisha...I was wondering if you wanted to join me for a shopping day...its just that I haven't been to LA before and I was wondering if we could have a...." I only half listen to her while I try to get myself together. I quickly wear the glasses again before opening the door.