Chapter 28: Results

Chapter 28: Results

Waiting: Just a few mere minutes can feel like forever when you're anxious. I just hate that feeling especially when it involves my children. Waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting still no results for my sons' illnesses. We have been at this hospital for a half a hour.

"Luke." I cried.

"Lauren it will be alright." He sighed.

"But my babies." I laid my head in his lap, crying.

"Lauren whatever happens we'll get through it like every other bump in our lives. Example: getting pregnant at 16 again at 17, and our family issues. I love you and all of our children, you all are beautiful and I wouldn't have accidentally knocked up any other girl in the world except you, or Meagan Fox. I mean come on it's Megan Fox!" He said laughing at his Meagan Fox remark, I laughed along with him. He also stroked my hair.

"Luke you always know how to make me feel better, but when we were young you always knew how to make me feel bad." I sighed.

"Yea I'm sorry about that."

"Lauren." Dr. Kron said starling Luke and I.

"Yes." I said sitting up scared like I've never been.

"We found out that it's just a fever, but with fevers this young, we need to keep them over night." She said and began to walk out.

"Of course." I said laying back down crying.

"Honey do you want to sleep here?" Luke asked me.

"No." I said plainly. "I want to go home and sleep in my comfy bed and just come back first thing in the morning."

"Ok it's up to you." Luke said.

"I want to go home." I said once more.

"Ok." We packed up and started to drive home. I called Alana, see good thing I always pack extra clothes.

"He Lana." I said as she picked up.

"Hey Laur." She said tiredly.

"Umm. I think that the girls will need to spend another night, or if they can't I'll just call my mom." I said depressed.

"What why? What's wrong with Ben and Anthony?" She asked snapping awake.

"Well they have a fever, but since they're so young they need to stay over night." I sighed.

"Ok, well do you want them to stay at your mom's or what?" She asked.

"If you want they can just sleep over your house again so they have someone to play with."

"Ok that's kool with me."

"Ok talk to you later."

"Bye." She said and I hung up. I decided to call Mom.

"Mommy." I said when I heard her say 'Hello?' in her comforting voice.

"What's up baby?" She asked.

"It'd Ben and Anthony, they have a fever of 102 and are in the hospital over night, but I'm on my way home. What do I do?" I asked.

"I'll be over in a few." She sighed.

"No I'll just come home." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yea, I'm possitive." I said

"Ok honey, drive safely."

"See you in a few." I said and hung up.

"Luke I'm going to my mom's house." I told Luke.

"What? I thought we were going through this together." He said disappointed.

"Well I just need my mom now." I said getting angry.

"Well I need you!" Luke yelled.

"Well then come with me! I haven't seen my mom in awhile! I just want to sleep over at her house where I grew up. I need my mommy and daddy while I bet Ben and Anthony are thinking the exact same thing." I cried.

Luke never said anything back to me. He parked the van when we got home. I rushed out of the van before it finished stopping. I ran up the stairs and grabbed the second last duffel bag and threw the shit I'd need in there. Luke walked in our room with his duffel bag in hand. He started to pack some of his things.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm packing to go your mom's." He stated.

"I . . . wha?" I said stumbling over my words.