Chapter 18: Way Back When

*This is all in Luke's POV*

Well now I guess Mike's out of the hospital for a month now and well Lauren's doing ok and a month and two weeks pregnant, but you can't really tell so I guess that's a good thing there's an appointment today so we're all going. I don't know why Lauren said so . . . I guess to just go with it. I love her so why try to fight it? First I want to tell you about my past for a reason.

*7 years ago*

Today's the first day of fifth grade and well right now I'm walking in the crowed hallway. I spotted her out of like 50-90 fifth graders the beautiful Lauren Smith. Her beautiful long blonde hair, look to me, like it was blowing in the air. Her lovely smile and her golden face was lighted up by the morning sunrise.

*Present time*

I woke to her looking like she did the first day of fifth grade the hair, the smile, the face. She is just so beautiful. I would love to look at her all day, everyday.

*Back to 7 years ago*

I'm only ten and I don't know what love is, but I think I love her. I want to ask her out but we're TEN! I believe that something with her and I could work out some day. One day. Someday. Maybe. I hope. I want her but if I can't have her NO ONE CAN!!!!

*Present time*

(I've been telling you about his past but now they're all ready at the doctors)

"Luke . . . . ." Lauren moaned to me holding my arm. 

"Come on Hun it'll be fine." I said smiling. 

Both girls can hold a conversation now so they're talking to each other. 

"Sam." Brooke said poking Sammy. 

"What Brooke?" Sam asked. 

"Do you want a br . . . brother or a sister?" Brooke asked sounding the word 'brother' out. 

"Brother." Sam replied. 

"Oh me too." Brooke said. 

And the conversation carried on. 

"Luke what do you want?" Lauren asked looking me in the eyes. 

"A boy.” I said. 

"Aww I want a boy too and so do the girls apparently from what we heard early." She said laughing. 

"Lauren, Luke. The doctor is ready to see you." The nurse called. 

Lauren stood up grabbed the girls hands and we all walked into the room. 

"Don't worry I know the routine for the check-ups." Lauren said doing the 'routine' as she called it. 

She was done and the doctor came in. 

"Lauren I see you brought the whole family," Dr. Kron said smiling. "Well lets take a look."

"Lauren, Lauren, Lauren." She said shaking her head in disbelief. 

"Do I want to know?" She asked. 

"Well I do." I said excitedly. 

"Lauren, Luke . . . twins . . ." She said smiling. 

"Ok girls are you listening?" Lauren asked. 

"Yeah." They both said. 

"No. Lauren you're HAVING TWINS!" The Dr. said smiling. 

"What?" I shouted. 

"Tw . . . tw . . . twins!?" Lauren shouted and stuttered. 

"Yes. You may now get cleaned up and we will make your next appointment." She said a walked out. 

"What's wrong Daddy?" Brooke asked walking up to me. 

"Mommy is going to have two babies instead of one baby." I said putting her on my lap. 

"Like me and Sam?" She asked. 

"Yes like you and Sam, but we don't know if they're boys or girls or one boy and one girl." I replied.

"Why not?"

"Because the babies are to little and small to find out."

"Oh. Daddy?"

"Yes."

"I have a secret to tell you."

"What?"

"I love you." She giggled in my ear.

"I love you too Brooke." I laughed.