"I'm currently working at my friend's tattoo parlor , if it's not obvious ." Harry said with a light chuckle , gesturing to his tattoo-covered arms . "I live on my own , moved out four months ago ."

"Don't tattoos hurt ?" Louis asked , Harry smiled , "They do , but I like the outcome . It's like my tattoos are telling a story , and instead of writing a story you just have a symbol ."

Louis smiled softly ; who knew a tough looking guy could be so soft ? And if this isn't enough , he's the first person in four years that was nice to him because he's a person , not because he pities him for being crippled or thinks he's weird .

They crossed the street and walked down another street , keeping a conversation going . 

"This is the house ." Louis said and nodded his head towards it , Harry nodded , "I'll help you get everything inside ."

"Thank you ." Louis smiled and opened the gate , walking up the pathway with Harry following . He opened the door and walked inside , leaving his crutches in the entrace .

"The kitchen is right here ." He said and led Harry further in , Harry placed all the bags on the island counter .

"Lou , you're back ." Jay walked in and wiped her nose with a tissue paper since she had a cold , raising her eyebrows at Harry . "And who you might be ?"

"This is Harry , he helped me get the groceries here . I thought I could handle this , but it turned out I was wrong ." Louis said , Harry smiled and held his hand out for Jay to shake , "Nice meeting you ."

"Likewise . I'm Jay ." Jay shook his hand , before sniffling and wiping her nose again , "Excuse me , I'm going to make myself some tea . Would you two like some ?"

"No thanks , I need to go to work now ." Harry dismissed , Louis moved to the entrace , "I'll walk you out ."

Harry said goodbye to Jay and followed Louis out , who walked him out to the gate .

"Thank you again for helping me ." Louis smiled shyly at him , Harry smiled back , "It's really no problem . And uh , I want to ask for your phone number , we could stay in touch . Unless uh , unless you don't lean that way ."

Louis smiled wider at him , "I do lean that way ." He said and couldn't help but let out a giggle . He pulled his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it , passing it over to Harry , who smiled and passed him his own phone .

The exchanged numbers , Harry gave him one last dimpled smile before walking away .

~~

Three weeks went by , and the two have been texting each other every day .

Today Harry wanted to go surprise Louis at his workplace , so before his shift he walked into Starbucks , smiling lightly as he saw the line is short , and smiled even wider at Louis' soft , shy voice when he spoke to customers .

Before he knew it it was his turn , Louis still looked down to the computer , "What can I get you ?"

"Vanilla latte with caramel cream and a smile , please ."

Louis's head snapped up , immediately smiling . "Hey , didn't expect to see you here ."

"That's called a surprise ." Harry laughed softly and leaned on the counter , "Wanted to surprise you ."

Louis smiled and blushed softly , "Nice of you to do so , I was bored here anyways ." He said and typed in Harry's order , putting in his employee code so Harry wouldn't have to pay .

Harry handed him the money but Louis shook his head , "It's already payed ." He said , making Harry raise his eyebrows , "Don't tell me you payed ."