Just The Way You Are

Start from the beginning

Harry smiled gently and held his elbow out for Louis , Louis couldn't help but let out a short giggle as he wrapped his hand around his bicep , though his hand could barely go halfway around it .

"So , Louis ... I only met you five minutes ago , is it too early to say that you fascinate me ?"

Louis blushed at Harry's flirting , "Do I ?"

"Yeah , you really do ." Harry smiled at him . "I'm sorry if it was too straight forward , I just say what's on my mind ."

"I-It's okay ." Louis smiled , "I uhm - I don't know what to say ."

They walked into the ice cream shop , the worker smiled at them , "Hello , what can I get you ?"

"What would you like ?" Harry asked , Louis bit his lower lip and scanned over the flavours . "One scoop strawberry ."

"One scoop strawberry and one scoop vanilla ." Harry said , the worker quickly fixed up the cones and handed it to them . Louis reached for his bag to take money out but Harry put his hand over his smaller one , "I'm paying ."

"But -"

"Shh . I'm paying ." Harry handed the worker the money quickly , he got his change back and put his free hand on Louis' back , "Let's go sit at the park ."

They ate their ice cream as they crossed the street , sitting under a tree on the grass .

"Can I ask you something ?" Harry asked as they sat down , Louis nodded , "Yeah , go on ."

"When did you realize you like makeup ?"

Louis bit his lower lip , "Uhm , I - I was thirteen . I used to sneakily use my mum's makeup and wash it off so she wouldn't know , I just liked how it looked . I don't wear anything fancy on a daily basis , just light makeup . But uhm , I - never mind ."

"No no , tell me . I'm not judging you ." Harry encouraged .

"I wear very light makeup because people don't really appreciate boys wearing makeup , so I try keeping it down , but at my standards ."

"I hate when people are ignorant ." Harry said , "I myself am called a show off because I like singing , but fuck what other people say , if I like singing I'll sing ."

"I don't think makeup or clothes or anything else should have a gender role , you know ? Why can't it be gender free ?"

"It is gender free , but some people were brainwashed into thinking there has to be gender roles , and it sucks ."

"Yeah ." Louis said as he finished his ice cream , Harry scooted to sit closer to him , "I want you to know that you are beautiful just the way you are , okay ? And I'm sure you look good without makeup aswell ."

Louis blushed as he smiled softly , "I look like a dead raccoon without makeup ."

"I beg to differ ."

"I'm serious ."

"Maybe we can keep discussing this topic over dinner ."

Louis raised his eyebrows . "Are you asking me out ?"

"Perhaps ." Harry chuckled . "What do you say ?"

"Where and when ?"

~~

Louis was munching on his lower lip as he parked outside the address Harry gave him . They settled on a simple dinner at Harry's place , and to say Louis was nervous was an understatement .

He got out of the car and locked it , fixing his knitted sweater crop top and skinny jeans before walking up the front . He took a deep breath and knocked on the door , a few seconds later Harry opened it with a smile .