Green 1

Calm Resonance

It was a beautiful spring day. The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds as I sat on the grass of a plain that extended as far as the eye can see. I smiled as I let my body fall onto the ground. I closed my eyes and felt the spring breeze as it gently blew against my skin. 

All of a sudden, I felt something tickling my nose. Without opening my eyes, I smelled the fragrance of a freshly-picked flower. Giggling, I opened my eyes. There, bending over, a boy with brown hair and green eyes, looking down at me with a flower in his hand as he moved it in front of my nose in an effort to tickle me.

"Stop it, Yuuta." I told him as I tried to stand. He smiled playfully and offered his hand to me to pull me up. I grabbed it and as soon as I was in a standing position, hugged the boy.

The boy then grabbed my hand and pulled me along as he ran across the plains. "Endless plains! Isn't this cool?!" He asked me, his playful smile turning into a grin after.

"Yeah! It definitely is!" I answered cheerfully. "I love it!" He stopped running but let me run a bit more before twirling me like a dancer. "Let's enjoy it forever." He told me as he held me close, one hand intertwined with mine and the other wrapped around my waist. 

I felt a blush creeping up my face as I realized what he said. "A-are you sure?" I asked him. He nodded and hugged me. The playful smile he had on his face was warmer now, his eyes looking into mine. "Let's go around." He says softly. The tone of his voice wasn't deep and manly like those in movies or TV, but it's perfect for me. I smiled back at him and gave him a pat to the back. "Take care of me then, Yuuta." I told him. He nodded again and pulled me along again like earlier. 

We ran around the plains like idiots for the second time, laughing and giggling playfully. This carried on for a while until I noticed something was off. 

Where's the horizon? The line separating the blue sky from the grassy plains was getting lower and lower. "What are you looking at?" The boy asked me with concern in his voice. "There's something wrong..." I said as I blinked to check my sanity. The boy simply looked confused as he stared at what I was staring at. He then looked back at me with distress. "Yuu-" 

Whatever he was going to say was cut off by the fact that he disappeared from my line of sight. I looked down and saw him holding to my hand and trying to pull himself up. Because of the imbalance, I fell along with him and everything faded away to black.