And the fact that all of this is for her to keep and love and kiss until her lips are swollen is something that both puts her to sleep and keep her up at night. This is the highest form of fondness Seojung has ever felt for someone ever. She's not going to take Jeongguk for granted.

"Seojung, stop eye-fucking your boyfriend it's disturbing," Jimin says, eliciting a faint blush on her cheeks but it doesn't stop her from glaring at the older sibling. All she's done her life is glare at her brother. One of the many things she's born to be good at. "Speaking of boyfriend, what does he feel about his girlfriend's high school dream boy living in the same apartment as her?"

"Jimin." Oh god, Seojung really wishes Jimin could just shut up for once. She's endured eighteen years of his blabbering mouth and for once she just wanted to take a time off. Not that she doesn't love her brother, because she totally does, but he's just so frustrating sometimes. What is he even doing here?

Though she wouldn't be lying if she said she's the tiniest bit curious of what Jeongguk thinks of Taehyung. Neither of them hadn't really brought it up yet, thinking that it's better to just led the subject hover in the air without being addressed. Taehyung hasn't been around either. She's learned he's almost never at the apartment during the day and both always leave and come back at different times.

"Don't wanna be that guy, but I'm not too pleased about it. Sorry." Jeongguk shrugs, giving her an apologetic look that Seojung understands completely. He has all the right to be worried, but with a squeeze of his hand, she tries to assure him that there's no reason to be insecure.

"You and Taehyung would've gotten along well. It's a shame," her brother comments.

Seojung imagines a life where Jeongguk and Taehyung are best friends. Taehyung would always tag along wherever she and Jeongguk go, not minding being the third wheel all the time. They'll probably hang out a lot even when she's not around, and she'd always be surprised no matter how many times she finds Taehyung also in Jeongguk's dorm whenever she comes over.

"Don't you have a train to catch or something?"

"Ah, that brings me to the actual reason why I asked you to come here. Thought it would be a good way to celebrate my moving out of the house—and yours, obviously. Food is on me, by the way."

Seojung is perplexed. "What?"

"I'm moving to Seoul too! I've just transferred universities. I had paperwork to settle with the administration of the campus back home so that's why I couldn't join you earlier here. But isn't this great?" the wide smile plastered on Jimin's face contradicts Seojung's taken aback expression.

She loves her brother, she really does. He's been looking out for her ever since she could remember, in that subtle but obvious kind of way that she realized was just a trademark of his. Though he's not the most tolerable person out there—invasive, bossy, overly obnoxious and likes to pry when she clearly doesn't want him to—she can't bring herself to ever shut him out or hate him. Wishes she could. Seojung owes him a lot.

She grew up under his supervision. Sometimes felt as if his protectiveness was always breathing down her neck. It was an older brother thing, she knew that, but she was just getting tired of it as she grew older. He's always been there to fix her mistakes and though she's very thankful for that, she wants to try to do things on her own now. You can't really blame her for not being delighted by the news.

"Are you transferring to my university?" she asks, because what's worse than Jimin living in the same city as her again is him going to the same school as her—again.

"No, but it's pretty nearby. And I'll be renting an apartment with a friend of mine so you don't have to worry about your big bro," Jimin says as he steals a dumpling from Seojung's plate. She's too

"Park Jimin, you fucker," Seojung lets out an exasperated sigh. So much for finally having a taste of freedom. "might as well send myself to fucking japan."

"Look at you, all grown up and using such creative words. I remember when calling a cat ugly made you want to cry." Jimin chuckles.

"I, for one, am glad that Jimin hyung is moving here too," Jeongguk adds. Seojung doesn't know if he's trying to kiss Jimin's ass just because he's her boyfriend and he doesn't want to get on her brother's bad side or if he's genuinely delighted. It's probably the latter.

"Keep him, Seojung," her brother says.

She plans on it. For a long time. 

a|n
sorry for the long wait. writer's block is being a real bitch but im on break right now so more time to brainstorm and write !!! this was meh but i hope you guys liked it x

question: what's one scene (or more go nuts) you would like to see in the upcoming chapters?