28: découvrir

ACT 3 – SCENE 4
THEY DISCOVER

SEOJUNG IS unable to remove herself from the comfy queen size bed, her fingers clutching the warm duvet and pulling it further up to her chin. Wishes she could stay like this cocooned in a thick blanket all day with Taehyung who is currently sitting cross-legged beside her sleeping body. He's busy browsing through the room service menu despite Seojung having told him that room service food is pricey and that they brought instant ramen and snacks for a reason. The room itself is nothing much, like any other typical hotel room in Seoul enough to house a queen size bed, a tv, a dresser, and a small bathroom. The couple had settled for the cheapest deal they could get because let's face it, they were both college students on a tight budget. Taehyung had insisted on paying the room himself but Seojung only laughed as she gave him her share of pay.

The girl rolls over to the side and places her head on his lap, forcing him to put down the menu as she settled on his thigh. One of his hands combs through her hair while the other is safely tucked in her own. She finds his artist's hands pretty, could never bring herself to resist playing with his slender fingers and interlocking them with hers. Whenever she looks at them, a refreshing feeling of calm always manages to settle. Taehyung stares down at her with a fondness she knows she mirrors evident in the way his eyes bore into hers.

It only hit her now, what the both of them are doing. The absence of a thorough plan makes her nervous as if the fact that she might be meeting her birth mother wasn't already making her anxious. Seojung feels a last minute urge to bolt. To leave and go back home, avoid the meeting she has been looking forward to for months. Everything seemed fine then because she was too caught up in the search to worry about the negative side of things. But at least Taehyung's here to distract her.

"We should probably start looking for your mom," he suggests but makes no attempt at moving. His touch is soft and gentle like it always is, the ghost of his fingertips enough to lull her into a peaceful sleep.

"It's still noon. We have a lot of time."

"Wouldn't it be better to get everything over with?" Seojung leaves his question unanswered, but that alone is enough for Taehyung to take the hint. "You're stalling."

"I'm not."

"You are," Taehyung insists, "you wouldn't be so hesitant if you weren't."

"Can you really blame me, though?" Seojung sits up. "I'm going to meet the woman who gave birth to me but gave me up for the first time in my life. What if she hates me? What if she doesn't want to talk to me? Or have anything to do with me? We don't even know for sure if she's still here."

Realizes that everything they had gotten was solely based on luck. Seojung doesn't know how much longer that luck is going to last.

"Don't be nervous. She's your mom. She's going to love you. Who wouldn't love you?" She smiles at Taehyung's sweet words. Can't help but remember that it's almost exactly like what Jeongguk said to her a few days ago.

Taehyung has such a knack for saying the right things at the right time and Seojung needs to keep reminding herself that this boy is known to be smooth and sly, and that she can't help but fall for him as many times as he wills her too. But how can she not? Especially since he seems so sincere when he places his hands on either side of her face and pulls her in for a kiss. Caresses the skin of her cheeks with his thumb as his lips nibble softly on hers. She is acting without consent when she pulls him by the collar, bringing him closer as if he wasn't already close enough. He brings out the greedy side of her that she doesn't like. Nothing ever feels enough when it comes to Taehyung.