10: planifié

ACT 2 — SCENE 2
SHE PLANS.

          "YOU LIVE ACROSS FROM WHO?"

What other way to spend your first week in Seoul than having lunch with the brother you've lived with all your life? As much as Seojung loves Jimin, seeing his face again and again and again, even when she's miles from home can get annoying. She was surprised to get a phone call from the older sibling earlier today, saying that he's in the city and there's this chinese restaurant his friend recommended that they should check out. It had been six a.m. When he called —it was his phone call that woke her up from her sleep, in fact—her dreary state didn't have the chance to ask why on earth is he already interfering with her new life when they had seen each other just days before.

So here she is now, eating lunch with her brother when she could be shopping for the new school year or going sightseeing with Jeongguk. She called her boyfriend before she got to the restaurant and asked (forced) him to tag along. Sadly, the boy had things to handle with the campus' administration. He promised he'll come once everything's settled, though. Jeongguk's the sweetest.

"I'm living across tae—"

"I heard you the first time," Jimin cuts her off, "just—how? How the fuck did you manage to end up in the same apartment Taehyung's living in, in a fucking big city like this?"

Jimin had been asking about her home and so the topic of Taehyung being her neighbor was dropped. He choked when she mentioned it. Seojung doesn't know if Jimin and Taehyung have been keeping in touch all this time or if their friendship really is nonexistent now. Rarely does Jimin bring the boy up and whenever people do, her brother would always scoff and snarl. She remembers asking a while ago if Jimin still hated Taehyung because of what he did. All he said was hearing kim Taehyung's name didn't gass him up that much anymore, but there will always be a part of him fumes whenever he pictures the boy's face.

"We're attending the same university too," she adds, causing her brother to groan. Seojung rolls her eyes. "I'm the one who's going to be seeing him every day, not you. It's been two years, don't you think it's time to get over it?"

"I am over it. I'm just worried about how this is gonna affect you. Seeing him every day is gonna bring back that little crush—"

"It was just a stupid high school crush," she interrupts, fist clenching on top of the table. At the same time, the waitress brings over their order and Seojung takes a second to smile and thank the woman before going back to glaring at her brother.

"How does Jeongguk feel about this? Oh! Speak of the devil. Jeonggukkie!" Jimin calls out, waving at Jeongguk who's just entered the restaurant.

Jeongguk walks over to their table and sits down, planting a kiss on Seojung's cheek. Jeongguk's arrival puts a stop to the discussion of Taehyung and Seojung's more than grateful for that. The last thing she wants to do is talk about the boy, knowing very well that she's not going to be able to escape him anytime soon.

As Jimin and Jeongguk talk about something she doesn't understand, she uses this time to actually think about her situation. She still doesn't know what to feel about living across from him. He's suddenly so close after two years of being miles apart. It can be a good thing. This might be a chance for her to rekindle their old friendship. She misses him, if she has to admit. But what if somewhere along the way, something else starts to rekindle as well?

Though she doesn't want to admit it, there's a small accuracy in her brother's that's significant enough to make her not want to admit he's right. Being around Taehyung is going to bring her old feelings up at some point. But no—she has Jeongguk now, she shouldn't even be thinking of such things. She looks at her boyfriend of one year and thinks about how lucky she is to have him, about how happy he makes her feel. He's made up of little quirks that make her heart soft. He gets excited over little things, a trait of his that she finds so adorable and lovable.