Chapter - 19

Arshita

Arshita

He stared me smiling while I didn't know what to say to him. Last night I was busy replying his text and remembering how our conversation went. And yeah, how I made fool of myself in the date.

The whole food upon me. That was just... Better leave.

"I got the reports and the.. Files you needed with the coffee in the way you have began to like.... " As I spoke he slowly lifted his eyebrows up in exasperation and with it my voice went down and down and down like it trailed.

" That's the last thing I would care about now. " He said, bored turning away and sitting in his chair.

I waited for him to speak but he didn't so I thought the best way to escape this conversation was to leave this damn office of his.

Slowly, walking out of his office a strange feeling erupted in me....He said said I was most important thing in his life.

No wait.

He only said that his work was last thing he cared now and it didn't mean that I was his first thing to care about.

Sighing, I rubbed my temple and closed the door behind me. I glad lot of work to do and it was supposed to be done faster.

Dragging myself back to my office, I began to send the mails, arrange his meetings and do the filing one after the other, and amidst this once or twice I realised that he just mailed me or texted the things to do and wasn't talking about... us.

Do I want it?

Of course not.

After half a day, I found that this was some kind of great day for Oberoi group of industries from past, I think they got the best head start this day and so company was giving us dinner treat to the whole staff in some hotel near to our building.

Piya and Abeer were waiting for me while I was giving final look to all the mails I had to send on time which were already composed and saved to draft.

I ran out after picking my purse to find them all pissed, leaning on the cubicle wall on each side.

" You are very early! Why don't you come after an hour or so? " Piya scoffed and I held my ear pouting at her.

" Sorry! " I mumbled before holding both of their hands and pulling them with me.

" Yeah! Smile cheekily and force us to forgive you. " Abeer said.