Chapter -2

Song suggestion: Aei Dil hai mushkil (Might have heard hundred times to date, but believe me I wrote this chapter while I was listening to this and you get the rest....)

🌼🌼

🌼🌼

Arshita

"Thanks, Sir! There.. elevator was taking time," Piya slobbered at him.

My ears were pushing to the limit at her little words. I knew perfectly well who she wanted and now that she was gushing over the boss, I couldn't think of bring her back to senses or well, simply shut her down. It was a no-go nonetheless. But why? Insecurities, now that I know.

I wanted silence. Complete silence to think of the elements. To churn up my brain to the point of exhaustion rather than being in the moment. My brain was blocking with stuff I always tried to drain away. But feeling to get attached and then let loose was taking the charge at the moment because the man in front of me seemed beautiful and... What a lame idea! People believing this shit often turn up like me. Life offers us things to jumble up already the worst scenarios, I thought.

" No problem. "

Shut up!

Why the man I crash has to be my boss?

His soothing yet confident voice rang in my ears and I wanted to hear him more. Wasn't it just 'No problem' that he said and you liked it? You with Piya, doomed. His deep and brown eyes watched me back in amusement. They were dancing with the sparkle that I wanted to ignore but couldn't. I felt like a child after a sparkle. Stupid stuff. And I wondered why was I staring at him like that.

Crazy woman.

I looked a little down to see his lips turned into a side smile. Smirk it is that I should hate. But I was being pulled to this man without even knowing him. It was him, Ronit whom I knew by sacred book and loved immensely but the mere touch of this man and the manly voice of his was tugging me towards him. How can it be love? Nope, desperation. Am I this ugly desperate now?

In my momentary lapse, I feel someone hit my atm rather roughly and it was Piya calling for the death but luckily for her, I was engrossed in other thinking. But she was at ease now even when standing in front of the Lord of the Empire and here I was freaking from inside. Or fumbling with my senses exactly. Over this stranger.