Epilogue

Gracie's pov:

Gracie's pov:

A pain so awful travels from my abdominal all the way to my head making me groan in pain, my throat as dry as the desert leaves behind a painful raspy sensation.

The first thing I see when opening my eyes is a white ceiling and the smell of disinfection wipes surrounds me.

With knitted brows I blink only to see the same white ceiling.

'Where am I?' I think to myself trying to sit up to catch a better view of the room I am in but as I go to lift my waist I whimper in pain when my stomach begins to ache.

Not realizing I had company until a stirring from the chair to my left comes to my senses, my eyes avert to the spot where Daniel was currently resting on a hospital chair his hair styled messily on top of his head, his eyes having lost their sparkle making me frown at the tired sight of him.

Despite the dark bags under his eyes and the 5 o'clock shadow growing on his chin I still found myself swooning with how handsome he was and just with the simple sight of him the butterfly's in my stomach flutter.

The moment his eyes open and meet mine I send him a small sad smile looking down at my hands as I remember the last time I talked to him I was in his arms dying.

'How am I alive?' I think wondering how I survived a bullet.

I am brought out of my thoughts when Daniel's warmth invades me as he kneels down beside the hospital bed I was currently resting on, "Gracie baby your awake, how do you feel?" He asks in relief then his voice takes in a worried tone towards the end as he looks me over making sure nothing was wrong.

Looking up at him I swallow tasting blood making me cringe which makes him frown at the sight of my pain, "I-I'm thirsty." I tell him hoarsely my voice sounding raspy and scratchy.

Nodding his head he reaches to the bedside table by the bed and pours me a cup of water before placing the cup by my lips, "Here." He says gently helping me drink some water his face scrunched in concentration.

When I quench my thirst I pull away and wipe my mouth looking anywhere but at him, "Thank you," I mumble tiredly.

"Anything for you. Are you hungry." He then asks ready to press the button to call in the nurses but I stop him by grabbing his hand making him tense and as he relaxes I remove my hand from his.

"Sorry," I mumble thinking he didn't want me to touch him.

He frowns and clutches my hand in his making me look up at him with furrowed brows, "How do you feel?" He asks me again his eyes boring into mine.