|Ch 7| Falling for Gracie

I'm deathly afraid of heights and now I find myself with my legs hanging from the edge of my window that is in the second story of my house my life just couldn't get any better, note my sarcasm

     I'm deathly afraid of heights and now I find myself with my legs hanging from the edge of my window that is in the second story of my house my life just couldn't get any better, note my sarcasm. I am not enjoying this right now but unlike me Daniel finds my reaction to heights amusing.

"How exactly do you expect me to jump 20ft!" I whisper shout at Daniel.

"You see the tree right there" he says pointing to the oak tree next to my window.

"Ya I get it it's a nice tree but what does this have to do with me getting 20ft down to the ground?" I ask getting annoyed with his lack of answer.

Daniel slaps his palm to his forehead and quietly mumbles a "Please give me patience.", "Grab the tree branch next to you and climb onto it then I want you to sit on the branch and jump into my arms." He instructs.

"You want me to jump!" I whisper shout fear evident in my voice and facial expression.

"Yes now hurry up I'm getting impaciente."

"No I can't and won't do it!" I tell him hoping he doesn't see I'm terrified of heights.

"Awe is little Gracie afraid of heights." he teases.

"Psh no." I scoff.

"Then come on I'm waiting," he says spreading his knees apart and then squatting down getting ready to catch me with his outstretched arms.

"I hate you so much right now..." I tell him as I began to crawl my way on the tree branch that could potentially fall and cause me to break a few bones and maybe even my neck.

"Ok now what?" I ask him slightly shaking with fear.

"Now you jump into my arms" he says as he stands directly down from were I am currently positions on the tree.

"Not happening I don't trust you."

"It's either jump into my arms or stay stuck like a cat in that tree it's your call cupcake."

The anger I got when he sugar coated that I'm a wuss got to me that one moment I'm on the tree holding for dear life and the next I'm jumping off into Daniels arms.

"Oomph... next time warn me." He says as he tries to balance me on his arms and regain his breath.

"You said jump and I did so quit whining." I tell him flicking his nose.

"Will you look at that your falling right into my arms, I always knew you would fall for me." Daniel cockily remotes instead. I don't know why but I had nothing to say back to him so I just stared into his brown eyes, he did the same to me. We were having some sort of weird connection with our eyes, like we were talking with our eyes without actually saying any words. From what I could see Daniels eyes showed admiration? Love? Or was I just being crazy, it's probably the latter.