|Ch 36| Falling for Gracie

Daniels pov:

Daniels pov:

     It's been two days since Gracie was taken from us, from me. And I am the only one to blame.

I didn't protect her like I promised her I would and now she's somewhere locked up like a prisoner because I failed her as her boyfriend not once but twice.

When Jessica told us what she saw word for word I felt actual fear crawl its way into me taunting me making me feel complete and utter hopeless.

I don't even know if she's hurt, cold, hungry or even alive. I hate not knowing what to do or who to go to for help. I was in the dark and didn't know how to get the girl I love back into my arms-well that is if she forgives me.

A soft knock comes from my bedroom door and I lift my head from my computer screen with location's of where Xavier might have taken Gracie but they have all been empty.

When I look up to see who it was my eyes soften at the sight of my mom smiling sadly at me the worry evident in her eyes, "Hey honey any news?" My mom asks hopeful. And yes she knows and so does Gracie's family. We had to tell them I mean what else could I tell them when I returned without Gracie.

Shaking my head I run a hand through my hair in frustration, "No." I sigh in defeat and instantly the small twinkle of light in her eyes vanishes and she comes towards me bringing me into her arms.

"Mom I don't know what to do. What if I'm to late and he kills her." I tell her my fears as I would always do when I was younger and just like those times tears start to pour from my eyes something that hasn't happened in over six years.

That is what Gracie can do to me, she makes me feel again, she makes me happy and without her I'm nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"We'll figure it out honey. Look why don't we call the cops it's the best thing to do." She tries to make me agree for the fifth time these past two days just like everyone else except for Ryan who understands why I don't want to involve the cops into this mess. It's to risky.

"Mom you know if we involve the cops Xavier will hurt Gracie the second he hears and I can't have that....So please don't ask again." I plead with tired eyes making her sigh but nod her head.

"Fine I won't ask again but son we can't just sit and wait around for some type of call from him. What if he never calls and the longer we wait the less chance we have of finding Gracie, baby maybe calling the cop's is what we need to do...So think about what I said or at least ask for help I know you are still in contact with some gangs." She pleads running her hand over my back in soothing patterns.