13☆ can i stay here tonight?

Ashton walked into his bedroom with a cup of tea in his hands. Michael was laid on Ashton's bed, watching a movie on the boy's laptop. Calum was sitting next to the boy, eating a sandwich that Ashton had made him. Ashton crawled onto the bed, sitting between Calum's legs as he handed Michael the tea, the boy sat up as he grabbed the cup, quietly thanking his friend.

"Are you gonna go to school on Monday?
You haven't gone in a week and I'm pretty
sure Mr Hemmings is missing you. He just
sulks through his lessons, it's sad really"
Ashton spoke in a playful manner. Michael blushed, stirring his tea as he stared down at his cup.

"I've been having a lot of mixed feelings about that. He's admitted that he likes me, but what if he losses his job? What if he never gets to teach again? I'd never forgive myself if I made that happen, and he'd probably hate me more than I'd hate myself"
Michael shyly said. Ashton frowned, taking Michaels hand in his own.

"Mikey, I don't think he could ever hate you. You're nearly eighteen and there's only two months of school left. If you both just keep it in your pants for two months, you'll be fine" Ashton said with a shrug of his shoulders. Michael rolled his eyes, shoving Ashton's shoulder, making the boy giggle.

"Ashton! There's someone at the door"
Ashton's mother yelled from the down the stairs. Ashton groaned, rolling off of the bed and running out of the room

"Ashton's right, Michael. I think you and Mr Hemmings are right for each other. You just have to wait until you don't have to hide" Calum said in a reassuring tone. Michael nodded, giving Calum a smile as he sipped his tea. After a few moments, Ashton came into the room with a wide smile.

"I present pizza!" Ashton yelled with a giggle as he brought a box of pizza into the room. Michael got up from the bed and grabbed his shoes and cell phone. He turned to Ashton and Calum who were giving him confused expressions.

"I'm gonna go for a walk" Michael said as he slipped his sweater on.

"Mikey, it's raining, I can drive you" Calum offered, already reaching for his shoes.

"No. It's okay. I wanna walk" Michael insisted.

"Mikey, you're gonna get sick" Ashton said.

"I'll be okay. Where I need to go isn't too far from here" Michael lied. Ashton and Calum reluctantly watched the boy leave the room. Michael grabbed his sweater from the coat rack and silently walked out the back door so Ashton's mother wouldn't see him. Michael walked around to the front of the house and started towards the left.

After twenty minutes, Michael was soaking wet and shivering. When he finally found the apartments he was looking for, he walked through the gates with a relieved sigh. He found the numbered door he remembered and knocks four times before standing back. Michael hugged himself in his soaked, thin sweater, his teeth chattering when door opened and revealed a familiar blonde man.

"Michael?"
Luke held a worried expression
as he pulled Michael inside.

"Hi"
Michael said, a soft smile on his face as
Luke wrapped a blanket around him.

"It's pouring out, you could've gotten sick. Here, sit down. I'll make you some tea" Luke rushed the sentences out as he guided Michael to the couch and wrapped two more blankets around him until Michael was buried under the material. The boy giggled softly as he watched Luke scramble to get a mug full of water into the microwave.

"What were you thinking? Ashton's house is twenty minutes from here, you could've gotten hurt or kidnapped. You could have called me and I would have helped you-" Michael listened to Luke ramble, watching the mans worried expression as he made him tea. In that moment, everything inside of Michael aligned. All of those longing glances and loving words all gathered together to create one beautiful picture. It was Luke. It was Luke who gave Michael that sense of comfort when his dad was in a fit of rage or paranoia. It was Luke who made Michael want to try to be braver and stronger.

Michael pulled the blankets off of him, keeping one wrapped around his shoulders. He joined Luke in the kitchen, a shy look on his face.

"I needed to ask you a question"
Michael said, cutting off Luke's worrisome rambling. Luke turned to Michael, sighing softly as he handed Michael the mug.

"Careful, its hot" Luke warned, helping Michael wrap a piece of the blanket around the cup.

"What'd you need to ask me that you had to walk twenty minutes through the rain?" Luke asked with a soft chuckle, making Michael smile shyly.

"If- if I said I liked you too, would it be worth the risk to be with me? I know that sounds incredibly selfish but I just-" Michel stopped talking as Luke grabbed his waist. Michael stared up at Luke with worried eyes as the man made him set his tea down. Luke cupped Michaels cheeks and leaned down close to the boy. Michaels breath shuddered as his fingers went up to grip Luke's tee shirt.

"I'd give up everything to be with you" Luke whispered before eliminating all space between them as their lips met. Michaels eyes squeezed shut, his body subconsciously leaning into Luke's. Michael wrapped his arms around Luke's shoulders, standing on his toes so he could move his lips with the older mans. Luke slowly separated his lips from Michaels, breathing heavy against Michaels.

"Can I stay here tonight?" Michael asked, his grip on Luke's tee shirt still tight. Luke gently gripped Michaels hips, nudging his nose against the boy's cheek.

"Of course, what're you gonna tell Ashton?"
Luke asked.

"Ashton kind of knows about us"
Michael said, looking up at Luke with an innocent smile. Luke looked down at Michael with a confused expression.

"Did you tell him?"
He asked.

"He kind of knew you liked me before I did"
Michael said with a giggle. Luke chuckled, shaking his head then kissing Michaels lips softly.

"I'll go get you some warm clothes while you call him" Luke said. Michael nodded, pulling Luke down for one more kiss before allowing the man to walk away. Michael pulled his phone out and sent Ashton a quick text before following Luke.