35: Revenge

As I approach the door to Mr. Olson's it swings open. When Mr. Olson comes running out to me it's almost as if all of the past events hit me. My legs become weak at the knees and as I'm collapsing to the ground Mr. Olson catches me mid fall and slowly kneels to the ground with me in his arms. As he hugs me to his chest, I begin to sob uncontrollably. Mr. Olson picks me up and carries me inside, talking gently trying to calm me down. When we get in his bedroom, he sets me on the bed. I'm already feeling calmer by his presence.

"What happened, Princess?"

He asks me with his hand caressing my cheek.

"M-Mr. T-Tucker... He got into my room..."

I say, stuttering, wiping the remaining tears from my cheeks.

"Did he hit you?"

He asks, concerned, yet angry, looking at the forming bruises on my face. I nod my head weakly. In a swift motion, Mr. Olson pulls me to his chest.

"How did you get away?"

He asks quietly with his chin resting on my head.

"Braden got him off me."

I say weakly, growing tired from the night's events. It's almost as if Mr. Olson senses how I'm feeling and says,

"Let's get you to bed baby girl, you've had a long day."

Mr. Olson picks me up and sets me properly into the bed, covering me with the blanket. My eyes flutter shut as his kisses me on my forehead. As I drift to sleep I hear him mutter,

"I won't let him get away with this baby girl."

The last thing I remember before drifting to sleep is the sound of Mr. Olson's car pulling out of the driveway.