22: Goner

That night Mr. Olson puts me to bed and continually apologizes over and over for hurting me. When Mr. Olson heads back to his house, I lay on my back in bed and stare at the ceiling wondering what our relationship between us is.

The next day at school I see Mikey standing at his locker. I quickly walk over to him. As he's shutting his locker he asks,

"What do you want?"

"I-I just wanted to say I'm sorry..."

I say looking down at my shoes. He leans up against his locker and crosses his arms raising an eyebrow at me.

"I just want things to go back to the way they were. I miss you..."

I continue. Mikey's face softens and he extends his arms out to me, leaning off the lockers. Mikey wraps his arms around me and I collapse into his chest, happy that I got my best friend back.

At lunch we go outside and sit in the grass. We joke around and end up throwing French fries at each other. When the bell rings, I head to science class with a smile on my face for once.

As I'm walking through the hall to my locker from English class, I suddenly get pulled into a janitor's closet.

"Shh, it's just me."

Mr. Olson hisses as he has a hand over my mouth. When he releases me I turn to face him and all I can see is his outline.

"What're you doing in here?"

I whisper.

"It's my prep hour, I can't stop thinking about you."

He says.

"Couldn't you have waited until after school?"

I suggest. He shakes his head and says,

"No."

As he pushes me up against a shelf, wrapping his lips around mine. My eyes flutter shut and I run my hands through his hair. Mr. Olson's warm hands are on my neck and his thumbs are caressing my jaw. As he releases me from this heated kiss he brings his mouth down to my neck and whispers,

"Meet me in the parking lot after school."

And suddenly, he's gone.