Dates & Breaks

Lauren.

We were currently in our hotel room after our first show. Shawn and Amanda were basically sucking each other's faces off in their room. I quietly laugh to myself because Amanda still thinks that I'm not going to destroy her.

I put on this whole nice girl act when Shawn's around to make him realize that we're supposed to be together. We've been friends for a couple years and we kind of had a thing, but that changed when little miss Amanda came along.

If only I had made my move when he wasn't involved with that girl.  Then he would be mine!  I wouldn't have to put on an act for everyone.

As all the rambling in my head continued, I heard the door to Shawn and Amanda's room open.  Shawn came out while slipping into a shirt.

"Have fun in there?" I smirked while putting on my nice girl act again.

"It wasn't like that Lauren," he chuckled and I just nodded.

"Right," I said while grabbing a bag of chips off the counter.

"Hey, if you don't mind, do you think you can help me out with something?" He asked and I turned my attention back to him.

"Like what?  What's in it for me?" I said and he just nodded.

"Always has to be about you huh Laur?" He chuckled while taking a seat next to me as well as my bag of chips.

"Hey fatty! Those are mine!" I said and tried grabbing the bag from his strong hands.

"Hah yeah right," he said and ate them right in front of my face.

"Asshole," I muttered and he just laughed.

"Anyway, I'll buy you a fresh new bag of chips if you just help me with one small thing," he said and I nodded.

Anything for food right? And of course, to spend time with Shawn.

"Sure what is it giant gorilla?" I giggled and he just shook his head.

"I need help finding a really good restaurant. I want to take Amanda out on a date," he said and I nodded.

"That's sweet! Of course I'll help," I said with a fake smile.

"Thanks Lauren! You're such a great friend," he said while embracing me in a hug.

Man I wish I could stay in his arms forever.

Shawn.

We had just got to a restaurant, and from what I saw on the reviews of the place, it was a good restaurant. Lauren and I walked through the doors to see a hostess already greeting us.

"Good afternoon, how may I help you today?" She questioned with a smile on her face.

"Hello, I'm here to make a reservation," I said and she nodded while pulling out a book.

"For how many?" She asked and I cleared my throat.

"For two please," I said and she nodded.

"Alright, how does 5:30 sound?" She asked and I nodded.

"That's perfect, thank you," I said with a smile.

"Of course, with a cute couple like you it brings me happiness to see people like you out here on this bright day," she said and Lauren and I just looked at each other.

"Oh this isn't my girlfriend," I said and Lauren nodded.

"We're just friends," Lauren said and I nodded.

"Oh, well that's a shame, you two would look really cute together," she said and I just smiled awkwardly.

We backed away and left the restaurant.

"So what now?" I asked?

"I say we get some food," she laughed and I nodded.

"And you called me the fatty," I chuckled and she just nodded.

"Well cause you eat everything!" She complained and I nodded.

"Alright alright, where to my lady?" I said in a British accent.

"Red Robbin?" She said and I nodded.

"Sounds good to me, but I'm not eating," I said and she nodded.

"Of course! Gotta save room for your date tonight," she laughed and I just nodded.

~~~

I had just got back up to the hotel room, and the girls all left to go shopping. I walked into mine and Amanda's room. When I opened the door, she was hunched over on the side of the bed.

"Amanda?" I mumbled while taking a step in the room.

"How could you," I heard her voice faintly mumble.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked and she stood up from the bed.

"So did you just think that I wouldn't find out!" She shouted while holding up her phone to my face.

I looked at it to see pictures of Lauren and I at Red Robbin and the restaurant.

"Amanda, it's not what it looks like," I said and she shook her head.

"No! What it looks like is that my boyfriend was out on a date with some other girl!" She yelled and I was taken aback.

"Amanda, please you just have to let me explain," I pleaded and she just shook her head.

"I don't want to hear it," she scoffed and pushed passed me to leave the room.

I walked towards the bed and sat down. I figured I would just give her time to cool off and realize that I should explain to her.

She'll probably just need a bit of time and come back up when we have to leave for our date. I didn't tell her about it, but she should come up before that time, I hope.

~~~

It's already 5:15 and she hasn't come back yet. I picked up my phone from the bed and dialed the restaurant's number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Shawn Mendes. I would like to cancel a reservation for two please."