Eye to Eye.

Amanda.

I woke up the next morning wrapped up in Shawn's arms.  I smiled to myself as my head laid perfectly on his chest.  Then I started to hear humming above me.

"You're awake?" I said and pulled away from him.

"You are too," he said with a smile that made my stomach flutter.

He started to stretch out his arms, leaving me without his touch.  He put his arms around me again, and I pulled him closer to me.

"I love you, you know that right?" He mumbled and all I could do was smile and look up at him.

"I know," I whispered and the look he gave me had me melt into him.

All that could be heard was our breathing and our faces coming closing in contact.  I could feel his breath close to my lips as they touched.

In my head I would be screaming, but all I was doing was realizing what I really wanted from him.  His lips were soft and plump.  They were something every girl wanted their first kiss to be like.

After a few seconds we pulled away.

"Wow," he said and I just blushed and bit my lip.

"That was one hell of a first kiss," I mumbled and he smiled.

"You've never kissed anyone?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Well I'm glad I was your first," he said with a wink.

"Hey Shawn have you-" moments later, Christina opened the curtain to our bunk and saw us there.

"Well hello there Amanda," Christina said what the a smirk.

"So did you-" then Dani came in and almost laughed, "oh hi Amanda."

"Alright well this was a great way to wake up in the morning," Shawn said while getting up from the bunk.

"You're telling me," I said and followed after him.

From behind me, I could hear Christina and Dani snickering.  I turned around and stuck my tongue out at them which made them laugh even more.

"There you are! What happened to you?" Amy asked but then looked at Shawn.

"Anyways...you two sleep well?" Lisa asked with a smirk.

"Very well thank you," Shawn said and winked at me.

"Well you two are gross," Lauren said and got up to leave.

"You coming Dani?" She said and her eyes were glaring at me as she spoke.

"Uh sure," Dani said and got off the bus with her.

"Why does Lauren hate me?" I blurted out once the door closed.

"She doesn't, she's a really nice girl once you get to know her better.  She's just mad because you're with Shawn," Katherine explained and I shook my head.

"But Amanda and I aren't even together," Shawn said and they all nodded.

Well then what are we then?  I mean you don't just go kissing people then say you're still friends.

"Well that's not really what it looks like," Christina said and in my head I was jus saying, 'duh.'

"Anyways let's just get ready for rehearsal," Lisa said while getting up from her seat.

~~~

"Alright girls, you're up," Shawn said after he finished rehearing his opening act.

"You were amazing!" The girls, excluding Lauren, said.

"Definitely were," Lauren said with a sly smirk and ran out with the rest of her sisters.

"So what did you think?" He asked me once it was just us.

"You were outstanding," I said and I felt this weird feeling bubble up inside me.

"Thanks," he said with a smile.

Since I've seen him, there's just been this question on my mind, and after we kissed that question keeps coming up more.

"Shawn," I mumbled as he took a sip of water.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"What are we?" I asked, and his face dropped.

"We're best friends," he muttered and I shook my head.

"Still? Like even after we kissed?" I asked and he took a few steps towards me.

"I thought you wanted to stay friends?" He asked and I just shrugged.

"Well maybe I changed my mind," I said.

"So you do like me?" He said and I nodded.

"I've liked you since the first day we started hanging out.  I just didn't want to ruin what we had.  I've been denying it for so long and it's just been eating me from the inside out every time I see you."

"Well then," he said and this time he was face to face with me.

"What?" I said and before I knew it, our lips were touching.

He pulled away after a few moments and stared into my eyes.

"Amanda, will you please be my girlfriend?"