Eighteen.

Amanda.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" His words rang in my head.

I wanted more than nothing to be asked that. Even when I said I just wanted to be friends, I never meant it.

"Yes," I said and practically jumped into his arms.

Our lips touched and I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you," he whispered while pressing his forehead against mine.

"No, thank you," I mumbled while giving him one last kiss.

"Alright love birds," we turned around to see Christina and Lauren in the doorway.

"Sorry guys," Shawn said and Lauren just stared at me.

"It's fine, just lets go get some food before the show," Lauren said with smile which seemed weird.

"Okay," Shawn and I both said as we headed out the doors.

~~~

The crowd was cheering and I was currently backstage with the girls. Shawn just finished his opening act, but I guess he had one more song in mind.

"Thank you so much guys!" I heard Shawn yell into the crowd.

"So there's something I kind of want to share with all of you, and it's very important to me," he said and everyone started cheering.

"So I would like you to give a big round of applause for my beautiful girlfriend Amanda!" He said and I just looked so lost.

"Go up there Amanda!" Lisa screeched and got up from her seat to push me up on stage.

"Alright alright...no need to push," I said and got up on the stage where Shawn was already waiting for me.

The crowd erupted in cheers as I walked over to Shawn who embraced me in a hug.

"So if you don't mind, for my last song I want to dedicate it to this beautiful person who I knew was the one for me when I first started talking to her," Shawn said and I could feel my cheeks turn red.

Shawn then led me to the middle of a stage and sat me down in a chair. He had his guitar in his large hands and started strumming notes. He started humming, and then I realized he was humming that same tune earlier.

"I got a heart and I got a soul
Believe me I will use them both
We made a start
Be it a false one, I know
Baby, I don't want to feel alone

So kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved, to be in love
All I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were 18

We took a chance
God knows we tried
Yet all along, I knew we'd be fine

So pour me a drink oh love,
Let's split the night wide open and we'll see everything
We can live in love in slow motion, motion, motion

So kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
And all I can do is say that these arms are made for holding you, ooh
And I wanna love like you made me feel
When we were 18

When we were 18
Oh lord, when we were 18

Kiss me where I lay down
My hands press to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love
And all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you
And I want a love like you made me feel
When we were 18
I want a love like you made me feel
When we were 18
I want a love like you made me feel

When we were 18"

When he finished singing I was in absolute tears. He gave me this bright smile that had me fall even more in love with him then I already was.

I got up from the seat and pressed my lips against his which made the crowd go insane.

"I love you Amanda...it may be too soon, but I do love you," he said and I smiled while wiping some of my tears away.

"I love you too," I whispered as he kissed me again.

We went off the stage and it was time for the girl to preform.

"Good job Shawn and thanks for making us cry!" Katherine said while wiping one of her tears away from her cheek.

"Only the best for my girl," Shawn said and kissed the top of my head.

All the girls expect for Lauren headed out on the stage and the amount of cheers could be heard behind the stage. She came up to me and I knew what she was about to say was not going to be friendly at all.

"Congratulations to the both of you, I really mean it," she said with a smile which took me by surprise, and she ran off to the stage.

"Guess you made a new friend," Shawn smirked while putting his guitar down.

"Oh shut up," I teased and stuck my tongue out at him.

Could she really be happy for us? Or was this all just a game?